Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Goldfish & Koi Forum

Old 09-12-2009, 10:40 PM   #31
kitsilano

AFC Member

Albert so sorry for you.

I am just wondering .... piping cannot be so flimsy and if anything during your set up and dry run, mishap should have happened...not after so many mths later and happen now.

Have you consider making a police report?....I mean maybe discuss with the owner of the farm that you lost so much $$$$ and will like to make a police report just in case it happen again to some other rented pond on the same premises and if foul play was involved...a police report will help validate your incident. Even if you eventually did not make a police report...by discussing with the farm owner about making a police report will probably help make sure the farm owner and helpers are aware that pond renters take this as a serious mishap.

Insurance.....if you gonna spend so much "X" dollars on kois and leave it to the outside elements....maybe it is good to seek some kind of insurance protection for your kois....is there such insurance thingy in Sg?

All the best to you and hope you bounce back stronger after this major koi catastrophe.
kitsilano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 10:50 PM   #32
namrepus
Arofanatic

There are security cameras installed in various corners of the farm. It is possible to replay the recorded video to catch the culprit if any. In fact, from the time of Albert's last visit to the time it was discovered, it was about 12hrs only.....

I also don't know how to console him cos I feel his great pain too!!

All I can say is, Shit Happens! We can only move on from here and do better/safer the next time.
namrepus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 11:08 PM   #33
Jay1970

Join the club... I also lost 38 fish overnight about 5 months ago... Shit happens... just relax and then start over again...
Old 09-12-2009, 11:20 PM   #34
Kohaku
Dragon

Unhappy

I am at a loss of words seeing this happening... kinda shock to see so many beautiful koi died...

I feel for you, bro. Look on the bright side, take it as a lesson learned and take moves to prevent it from happening again. The only thing I hope is that it is not a sabotage from jealous people.
Kohaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 11:50 PM   #35
nutx
Dragon

Bro...on second thought, maybe you should consider renting a pond from any of the Koi farm.
There will be proper care and security.

Cheers!

Poh Beng
nutx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 12:16 AM   #36
dennisup

so sorry to hear that...
Old 10-12-2009, 12:44 AM   #37
leezhengxi

My condolences bro...

really heart pain that so many big sized koi also left this world...

as kois are fengshui fishes , maybe they blocked a very very big disaster from you .

condolences bro...
leezhengxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 01:16 AM   #38
henRee!
Mass Seller - Bettas

I help you pick the fishes i also sian 1/2.Restart back and get all solid fishes this time bert.All the best
henRee! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 01:44 AM   #39
sgbetta
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by CullTail View Post
Bro, condolences to you. Hope you bounce back stronger with better kois! If you need a shoulder to cry on, I volunteer Lyon's shoulders. His shoulders got more meat than mine
Bro wanna cry oso no tear ah!!!I really confuse lor wanna get angry or sad...
Quote:
Originally Posted by deaDFisHFood View Post
know how it feels bro, felt quite sad the other time i lost 4 in 2 days... the feeling super sian... Look see around in the Marketplace la, Bro Nutx, Pykoh and me all selling some. If you see anything u like in my thread I give u special discount k
Ya lor sibei sian now muz do the piping first...
Quote:
Originally Posted by QAE8687 View Post
So sorry to hear that bro. Really really sad... I know the feeling as I also kena last month as all my Kois died too when I was traveling.
So now u r not alone.......It really fated lah so bopian....
sgbetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 01:50 AM   #40
sgbetta
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nazari View Post
Bro Albert,

Real sorry to hear about your losses I had 3 big losses with my ranchus too....each time lost, more than 5k gone. What will i do? I will strive to be stronger and to be better too!! I'm sure you will be the same, knowing you for soo long. Im sure i will hear success about you from now on!
Thanks bro for all the encouragment.....Now muz do better....limit my nos of fish(provided i can control lah)

Quote:
Originally Posted by noidea View Post
Sorry to hear your loss.....don't worry, now you got more space to get a few sakai jumbo tosai in the next asia growout event.(hope this brighten your day a little)
Now is not got more space now is got all the space....Muz save more money liao...Cannot wait for nxt GO liao once pond ok liao muz stock up....if not sibei sian no babe for me to see
Quote:
Originally Posted by nutx View Post
Bro...sorry to hear this.

On the pipe, how come you have a pipe in the pond to control water level? possible to put another pipe at the output end of this pipe.
You may want to re-do the piping first before stocking up again.

On the brighter sided, it's a new season again. Cna go koi hunting again.
Thanks bro...I hv come up wif the pipng method liao....shld start work this weekend....Heng now got many fish to buy.....but pocket going to burn big hole liao
sgbetta is offline   Reply With Quote