Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Goldfish & Koi Forum

Old 12-03-2008, 10:56 AM   #1
aroflim

Default Selecting a TVR

I always have this question. When an experienced person select a TVR, can he make the judgement without taking a side view of the ranchu?
Old 12-03-2008, 11:31 AM   #2
kitsilano

AFC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroflim View Post
I always have this question. When an experienced person select a TVR, can he make the judgement without taking a side view of the ranchu?
I think it depends on how experienced that person is...I am not in that league and if bros remember.... I used to post my former breedings with sideview of my top view black babies(Takeuchi spawn)

Let me just divert a bit and goes to my dog experience. I am a German Shepherd dog enthusiast and I used to play very intense shepherd....I can even today... by just looking at a german shepeherd tell you how the dog gait or what we call "run"...whether the reach is "far reaching", whether the fore legs kick into the air(energy wasting) or the dog "fall on its forehand"...run with the head down and like driving itself into the ground....the keyword is "EXPERIENCE"

Coming back to your question bro Aroflim...if a person is experienced enough in tvr...he will not have to look at the sideview in order to judge a tvr...from the top he can see all the good and bad traits as the fish is in front of him. In Japanese websites they sometimes display fishes for sale with the sideview pictures....that IMHO is bcos picture sometimes can hide certain faults and a sideview will show how correct the fishes are. Hope that help and hope I am right and I stand to be corrected

Regards

Kitsilano
kitsilano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 01:08 PM   #3
PatrikLim
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitsilano View Post
I think it depends on how experienced that person is...I am not in that league and if bros remember.... I used to post my former breedings with sideview of my top view black babies(Takeuchi spawn)

Let me just divert a bit and goes to my dog experience. I am a German Shepherd dog enthusiast and I used to play very intense shepherd....I can even today... by just looking at a german shepeherd tell you how the dog gait or what we call "run"...whether the reach is "far reaching", whether the fore legs kick into the air(energy wasting) or the dog "fall on its forehand"...run with the head down and like driving itself into the ground....the keyword is "EXPERIENCE"

Coming back to your question bro Aroflim...if a person is experienced enough in tvr...he will not have to look at the sideview in order to judge a tvr...from the top he can see all the good and bad traits as the fish is in front of him. In Japanese websites they sometimes display fishes for sale with the sideview pictures....that IMHO is bcos picture sometimes can hide certain faults and a sideview will show how correct the fishes are. Hope that help and hope I am right and I stand to be corrected

Regards

Kitsilano
this is what we call ex-bird!~, opps I mean expert's eyeing
PatrikLim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 03:27 PM   #4
aroflim

I see. Thanks.

Can I say that a good TVR is also a good SVR. You view it from the top and if you want a change, put it in a tank and enjoy the sideview.
Old 12-03-2008, 03:42 PM   #5
BENG66
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroflim View Post
I see. Thanks.

Can I say that a good TVR is also a good SVR. You view it from the top and if you want a change, put it in a tank and enjoy the sideview.
it depends. some tv may not have good sv and vice versa. but of cos there are some having both. if having tub best having tv, tank sv.
BENG66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 03:46 PM   #6
BENG66
Dragon

for examples tvr i prefer to have longer body, svr shorter body. a lots of factors and own perference. like my friends fish with single anal fins they will reject. there no perfect fish ...
Old 12-03-2008, 03:57 PM   #7
Leong68
Endangered Dragon

Some peoples seeing in different way. As long as you love that piece, then you tapau.
Leong68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 06:47 PM   #8
aroflim

So anal fins are not so important for TVR? I remembered many years ago when a hobbyist showed his favourite Japan ranchu to me and I noted the one of the anal fins was bent.

To me, anal fins must be in pair and balance for a goldfish.
Old 12-03-2008, 10:05 PM   #9
Gloomis

I can see whether a side view is a good side view fish by looking from the top view..

No secret and technique...It years of experience and training your eyesight..
Old 12-03-2008, 10:08 PM   #10
BENG66
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gloomis View Post
I can see whether a side view is a good side view fish by looking from the top view..

No secret and technique...It years of experience and training your eyesight..
bro gloomis, you are our idol leh