Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Goldfish & Koi Forum

Old 02-07-2003, 06:27 PM   #31
happybuddha

Quote:
Originally posted by egstring
can lah....but the AVA will knock on your door sooner than u think...
I read your reply earlier today and was a bit surprised. Why would the AVA cares that I'm cultivating bloodworm was going through my mind. So off to goggle I go.... goosh, I didn't know bloodworm is the larvae stage of Midge Fly (blind mosquitoe). No wonder AVA will come knocking at my door!

Thanks for the tip off.
Old 02-07-2003, 07:10 PM   #32
goldfishfever

Quote:
Originally posted by happybuddha
Looks like a lot of bros are using frozen bloodworm. Would it be possible to cultivate your own live bloodworm? At least you can control their cleaniness, and live is probably more nutritious than frozen.
Bro Buddha, do you have any idea how bloodworm is cultured. I read in the book Goldfish in HK that in China, the farmers used chicken dung to culture bloodworm. I can imagine the AVA will not be the one knocking at your door but the MOE will. And, your neighbour will give you a when they passed you house.
Old 02-07-2003, 08:02 PM   #33
happybuddha

Quote:
Originally posted by goldfishfever
Bro Buddha, do you have any idea how bloodworm is cultured. I read in the book Goldfish in HK that in China, the farmers used chicken dung to culture bloodworm. I can imagine the AVA will not be the one knocking at your door but the MOE will. And, your neighbour will give you a when they passed you house.
Hahaha. Another reason why I should not cultivate bloodworm. Frankly I thot they are just worms... that grow up to become... bigger worms and then they die. I didn't know they're actually nasty mosqitoes. Yuk!
Old 02-07-2003, 08:36 PM   #34
Xerovix

wah... MOE will also get involved giving education. more like ENV officers will be the one knocking his door.

Quote:
Old 02-07-2003, 11:23 PM   #35
whtan1
Arofanatic

Quote:
Is there any other LFS selling the 32 cube Hakari bloodworm cheaper than C328. C328 selling one box for $11.50.
try goldenvilla at mandai road. but they are not Hakari, they are call Pizza . twelve 32 cube packet in one box for abt $11-$12.

but super ulu unless u go to the zoo
whtan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2003, 01:15 AM   #36
Fire87
Dragon

Quote:
Hahaha. Another reason why I should not cultivate bloodworm. Frankly I thot they are just worms... that grow up to become... bigger worms and then they die. I didn't know they're actually nasty mosqitoes. Yuk!
they look like mosquitoes, but they aren't. and they don't suck blood. think those things that come out from bloodworms are fruit eaters...
Fire87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2003, 02:57 PM   #37
egstring

i think the best bloodworms is Hikari Bio pure liao....
the rest of those PARIAH brands are available recently due to the luohan craze.....
Old 06-07-2003, 03:16 PM   #38
happybuddha

Today I started a new way to clean hikari bloodworm. First, I cut the slab into individual cubes. Then I pick one cube, still with its plastic casing and alum foil top and defrost it in a cup of water. After it has defrosted, I peel off the top and use a pair of chopstick to scoop out some bloodworms, rinse them in the cup a little before I feed them to my fish. Seems quite easy and I get very little "vitamin" liquid into the tank.
Old 06-07-2003, 03:47 PM   #39
Xerovix

you mean you cleanse the bloodworms in a cup of chlorinated water before feeding the fish?

Quote:
Today I started a new way to clean hikari bloodworm. First, I cut the slab into individual cubes. Then I pick one cube, still with its plastic casing and alum foil top and defrost it in a cup of water. After it has defrosted, I peel off the top and use a pair of chopstick to scoop out some bloodworms, rinse them in the cup a little before I feed them to my fish. Seems quite easy and I get very little "vitamin" liquid into the tank.
Old 06-07-2003, 04:16 PM   #40
happybuddha

Quote:
Originally posted by Xerovix
you mean you cleanse the bloodworms in a cup of chlorinated water before feeding the fish?
Dun worry. I take water from the tank; more convenient than going to the bathroom to tap water. Beside, scarly chlorine get soaked up into the bloodworm and eaten by my fish I sure cry one.