Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Goldfish & Koi Forum

Old 17-11-2002, 12:00 AM   #21
egstring

Quote:
Originally posted by LASERGUY

Ya ! Totally agreed with you.
But to own top grade Jap ranchu is sometimes beyond our league of local hobbists. Got no choice but to stick to Thai which is more affordable.
agree totally......$1500 for an red arowana is ok, but for a top grade jap ranchu nO way!
cos 1 thing we have to compare the climate here locally. Ranchu are cold water fish and they thrive in Japan which have 4 seasons.....so theres a bit of risk involved. which i personally feel.

the problem with all GF is that they are not as hardy as arowana or Luohans.......

So in order to hop on the ranchu bandwagon and appreciate its beauty, i believe that Thai ranchu is the way to go for the majority of us. Its not that we cant afford a $1000 ranchu. Theres no meaning if we were to scrimp and save just to buy a fish......sacrificing some other things in life, like family and other necessities........
Old 17-11-2002, 12:53 AM   #22
goldfishfever

Default Re: Ranchus

Quote:
Originally posted by Squid
Are ranchus more sensitive than bullheads?
also are they hard to care for?
cause i'm planning to start with goldfish, but am deciding wether to get ranchus or bullheads.

also whats the difference between lionhead and ranchu?

thanks
................Lionhead......................Ranc hu

Origin.......China.............................Jap an
Wen.........All over or tiger head.....Less promounced
Colour......Mainly yellow.................Red or red/white
Peduncle..More straight................Curved
Caudale...Symmetrical...................Bottom loop pull back toward
.................................................. ....body

A version of Lionhead from Thailand has a short ranchu body and wen round all over the head.

Last edited by goldfishfever; 17-11-2002 at 12:57 AM.
Old 17-11-2002, 12:53 AM   #23
egstring

Quote:
Rainbow at Serangoo North is also another con shop. Those large Ranchu at their main display tank were stated as Japanese Ranchu and selling at $1200 ! Actually they are normal Chinese Ranchu, which you can get at Qian Hu or Mainland for only $100 ~ $300 with even better quality.
Thai Black ranchu there also selling at double of the price quoted at other LFS/fish farms.
bro, u bought your special red pellets from Rainbow izit?
i have this brand of food and i can tell u its a fake from Rainbow.
They even have Special Food for LUOHAN. Just think, will JApanese use the word LUOHAN or FLOWERHORN?? and i had checked the address and company with the embassy, and found out that theres no such company and no such address......
Old 17-11-2002, 01:00 AM   #24
goldfishfever

Quote:
Originally posted by egstring

They even have Special Food for LUOHAN. Just think, will JApanese use the word LUOHAN or FLOWERHORN?? and i had checked the address and company with the embassy, and found out that theres no such company and no such address......

You are very alert and good work in verifying the truth.
Old 18-11-2002, 01:20 AM   #25
LASERGUY

Quote:

Wat! That is the one and only stuff that I thought I will even buy from Rainbow since it seems to be quite good. In that case, I think I will totally ban Rainbow once and for all.
Old 18-11-2002, 01:32 AM   #26
goldfishfever

Quote:

Wat! That is the one and only stuff that I thought I will even buy from Rainbow since it seems to be quite good. In that case, I think I will totally ban Rainbow once and for all.
2 years ago these jokers at this place even told me that their Panda Dragon Butterfly were imports from Japan. What a joke and they thought they can jack up the price just because they branded it from Japan. Dragon Butterfly from Japan? hahaha.
Old 18-11-2002, 02:30 AM   #27
dra9on

Quote:

kekeke ..
I already ban them liao since 1994..
when the Mfer there asked me to go into the storeroom and carry the gravel that I am buying out all by myself .. LL no choice , coz at that time only they have .. those greyish black river gravel ... and it cost $150 .. I wld at least expect some service .. at least carry the gravel out to the store front mah ..

too lan liao .. nevermind .. then started selling Thai black ranchu aka buffolo head and tell people from Japan ..

and U know wat , even their Kois are not from Japan ... well , at least Not ALL their Kois are from Japan ...

an expert Koi friend of mine and me went there once to SEE .. and 1 of the presumably towkay .. told us it's from Japan ..
little does he know that my friend is the 'still water runs deep' type .. looks like nerd .. but armed with superb Koi skills .. 1 glance and he knew their Koi are from Taiwan ... .. seriously I dunno how to see also ..
Old 18-11-2002, 08:17 PM   #28
egstring

tat range of pellets caters for all fish, got koi, goldfish, luohan, betta, chiclids, u name it they have it........all fake ones
made in malaysia and they print their labels themselves
Old 22-11-2002, 12:54 AM   #29
AeroKing

Cool

Quote:

agree totally......$1500 for an red arowana is ok, but for a top grade jap ranchu nO way!
cos 1 thing we have to compare the climate here locally. Ranchu are cold water fish and they thrive in Japan which have 4 seasons.....so theres a bit of risk involved. which i personally feel.

the problem with all GF is that they are not as hardy as arowana or Luohans.......

So in order to hop on the ranchu bandwagon and appreciate its beauty, i believe that Thai ranchu is the way to go for the majority of us. Its not that we cant afford a $1000 ranchu. Theres no meaning if we were to scrimp and save just to buy a fish......sacrificing some other things in life, like family and other necessities........
Egstring, kooi air cond tampo loh! Ai yah, chin kuay nia lah. I think you need to buy a Ranchu VCD. Seeing is believing!
Old 22-11-2002, 09:23 AM   #30
Ranchuseed

Quote:
tat range of pellets caters for all fish, got koi, goldfish, luohan, betta, chiclids, u name it they have it........all fake ones
made in malaysia and they print their labels themselves

Which shop sell fake food.