Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > The Guildhouse > Chatterbox

Old 01-03-2021, 02:54 AM   #1761
lenghan
Arofanatic

Fred is fortunate to escape another yellow. Ole should realise it by now and get him off otherwise it will be a repeat of previous game against PSG
lenghan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 03:26 AM   #1762
lenghan
Arofanatic

Ole is possibility the worst manager in the top 6 teams and he is played for a draw. Only one change when things are not working at all from the 60th min onwards when Chelsea was on the ascendency. He simply is too afraid to make any changes
Old 01-03-2021, 11:43 AM   #1763
loveikan
Arofanatic

The penalty could have make a big diff for this game.
But our finishings and crossings have been poor too.

2 points dropped.
loveikan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 01:45 PM   #1764
moscowblue
Endangered Dragon

OGS's team again put up a cowardly display against the top teams, often opting to play it safe and again very very poor use of the subs.

Rashford again made poor decisions when attacking
SM final pass when let loose cannot find the players.

OGS is not going forward with this team and his mentality
moscowblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 01:29 AM   #1765
lenghan
Arofanatic

One of the thing that stood out for me was when Fred made a pretty decent attempt on goal that of course missed the target towards the ending stage of the game, and we see Ole standing up and clapping and giving the thumbs up sign. It looked comical to think that such feat warranted a standing ovation from Ole when we know for sure the team were simply out of depth throughout the game. Ole is certainly playing not to lose rather than to win the game when he had both SM and Fred doubling up for HM and VL at central defense plus WB and LS not allowed much room to roam forward as they needed to protect the rubbish central defenders.
I really find it hard to understand why when EB played very well in his previous outing that he was made to warm the bench throughout the game.
Or when Fred received his yellow card, Ole was riding his luck that Fred would not get the 2nd yellow. He could have actually and Ole would be criticised by every media for his stupidity in not learning his lesson.
I still maintain that Ole is NOT the correct manager for us as he is far too negative in his game plan (or if he had one in the first instance) and his reluctance to make use of the available bench players against the top 6 teams. It is really very frustrating that his game plan, rather than the ref caused us to lose valuable points. No point updating the injury list that so and so is available when he consciously REFUSED to play them. They might as well not be on the bench or contd to be on the injury list

Last edited by lenghan; 02-03-2021 at 01:32 AM.
Old 02-03-2021, 11:36 AM   #1766
moscowblue
Endangered Dragon

I feel sad for players like DVDB and AD who clearly is the more better player than DJ or SM or Fred. Certainly more creative but again not used.
Old 02-03-2021, 11:38 AM   #1767
moscowblue
Endangered Dragon

The number of mis-pass or wayward passing from Fred or SM is really scary.
Against Chelsea, we are lucky, if against Man City, we are asking for trouble with such a weak midfield.
Old 02-03-2021, 02:20 PM   #1768
lenghan
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by moscowblue View Post
I feel sad for players like DVDB and AD who clearly is the more better player than DJ or SM or Fred. Certainly more creative but again not used.
I think if we go by many social medias, the feeling is not sad but utter frustration and disappointment in Ole and if you listened to his post match conference it is so bloody nonsense logic esp on Fred not being sub
Old 02-03-2021, 07:38 PM   #1769
lenghan
Arofanatic

Being apppointed to succeed JM since Dec 2018 and officially given the position since Mar 2019, Martial and Rashford, plus Greenwood had been under his charge. Up till now, I really doubt he knows which is the best position of this trio. Striker or wingers? Ole keeps trying them out in various positions, which is correct, but after 2 years still cannot decide who is better suited for which position is not acceptable. Thus also puzzled as to what his other coaching staff are advising him? or he does not take to their advise?
Old 03-03-2021, 10:08 AM   #1770
moscowblue
Endangered Dragon

I guess OGS time is going to be up soon

Luckily for him and the team there is no fans in the games or they will be frustrated by what they see