Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > AroReefers > Product Reviews

Old 02-02-2006, 10:33 AM   #11
Guppies Onli
Dragon

Any idea what rating of pump they are using in terms of l/hr ? Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjour2
No idea, heard that it is a remodel of the older Comeline , even for 9005 and 9010 models . The DOC skimmer for 9002 is using black plastic material compared to Brown in Comline . Perhaps they have utilize different pump . the pump in 9002 is actually Sicce Nova , the mini Water pump .
Guppies Onli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2006, 01:02 AM   #12
dreamzcape

bonjour any updates?
Old 19-02-2006, 08:41 PM   #13
bonjour2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamzcape
bonjour any updates?
Okay specification wise please refer to Tunze Website, basically I taken some photos of the skimmer and will explain some issues, pros , cons and personal opinions.
Old 19-02-2006, 08:46 PM   #14
bonjour2

Now , Refer to pic 3 : Pic 3 shows the overall Skimmer body and collection cup, Skimmer stands at about 24cm by 11cm , black portion plastic, Collection cup height is about 6.5 inch. Inserting and Removal of collection cup is a breeze, as the long neck you see in picture 1 simply sits into the hole outlet of the black casing without any screwthreads or tight fitting.
Refer to pic 2 : Pic 2 is the collection cup entire view, it is moulded in one whole pcs with a seperate cup cover.Tunze has pasted a liquid level sticker indicating the volume of skimmate collected.
Refer to pic 1, did you notice the black screw just at the bottom right hand corner below the collection cup? That is the screw meant for air intake adjustment. This is one of the issue I faced with the screw. Original Screw that comes with the packaging is blue in colour, apparently (search RC Tunze Website, I started a thread there commenting on no skimmate produced after running skimmer for 1 wk and later was informed that the original blue screw cannot cover the air valve as it is too short. The black screw you see in the pic comes with the package with the same diameter as the blue one but slightly longer. When I replaced the screw, voila! the skimmer started skimming within 4 hrs after rectification.
Old 19-02-2006, 08:57 PM   #15
bonjour2

Pic here shows the Pump used in the skimmer; it is actually a SICCE NOVA Pump attached with a specially designed venturi nozzle to generate the air bubble;
and the other shows every part being dismantled.

Overall I am quite happy with the performance of this skimmer(I have to empty cup every 4 to 5 days ). Its power consumption is quite low at 10W if I recall.Skimmer can be used in sump or in main tank with a holder ( supplied ) .
Old 20-02-2006, 01:58 AM   #16
dreamzcape

any comments on the efficiency? nitrate level testing?
Old 07-05-2006, 05:39 PM   #17
SBS_Transit

I read in rc that the 9002 has a more powerful pump.
Old 19-06-2009, 10:46 AM   #18
maddiericola

is it noisy?
Old 31-12-2009, 11:49 AM   #19
marine_lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddiericola View Post
is it noisy?
It's hardly hear the noise !
Old 28-12-2010, 11:40 PM   #20
Sword

Going to cost a bomb...