Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Goldfish & Koi Forum

Old 16-02-2010, 08:39 PM   #1
Guch

Default Koi pond help needed

Hi,

I just moved to my new place and inherited the pond and kois that the ex-owner left behind. He gave me the number to the guy that he used to maintain the pond but i dont think that the fella was doing a good job.

I find that the set-up was a little weird. Is there anyone here that can recommend a good koi guy that can teach me a little about looking after the little fellas and do a good job servicing the pond?

thanks!
Old 16-02-2010, 09:03 PM   #2
deaDFisHFood
Dragon

Let me be the first to welcome you to the poisonous world of koi! Soon, you'll find yourself taking regular trips to farms and lapping up all information you can find

There are many seasoned bros here that can be of help. Maybe you can share more information and pictures of your current set-up, and we can brainstorm, that is, if you don't mind DIY...
deaDFisHFood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2010, 07:22 PM   #3
Guch

Quote:
Originally Posted by deaDFisHFood View Post
Let me be the first to welcome you to the poisonous world of koi! Soon, you'll find yourself taking regular trips to farms and lapping up all information you can find

There are many seasoned bros here that can be of help. Maybe you can share more information and pictures of your current set-up, and we can brainstorm, that is, if you don't mind DIY...
I definately dont mind DIY at all...I have tried cleaning up once already, but the pump dont seem to be strong enough and there is only one point of suction to clear the debris so it is still quite dirty after a while....will try to put up pics soon...thanks...happy new year
Old 17-02-2010, 07:38 PM   #4
muppets888
Arofanatic

If the pond and filter was not design properly then you will have more issues with mainaining your pond water. You can increase your filter capacity by adding external filters.
muppets888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2010, 04:41 AM   #5
Guch

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppets888 View Post
If the pond and filter was not design properly then you will have more issues with mainaining your pond water. You can increase your filter capacity by adding external filters.
I thought the same as well, thats why I thought of getting a reliable koi person to have a look see and i can get some valuable tips as well...
Old 18-02-2010, 10:53 AM   #6
melvvvv

my friend just switched to nippon koi farm for servicing their pond the last 6 month, so far so good.

look for ah seng....they can probably help to improve your filter system.....
Old 18-02-2010, 09:22 PM   #7
Guch

Quote:
Originally Posted by melvvvv View Post
my friend just switched to nippon koi farm for servicing their pond the last 6 month, so far so good.

look for ah seng....they can probably help to improve your filter system.....
thanks bro, i will have a chat with him...cheers