Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Goldfish & Koi Forum

Old 18-02-2010, 02:07 AM   #11
sgbetta
Senior Dragon

Hi Bro FND

A few master of Ranchu come out and tok to u liao.....Hope u understand....
In my point of grooming 1st we muz know u wan groom it for comp or personal viewing but it both cases it is almost the same answer....and that is we wan the fish to look the best....If the the fish colour is weak we work on the colour if the fish headgrowth is not growing or small we feed higher protein food....etc.......But not all weak point of a fish can be strengthen or repair fully.
sgbetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2010, 05:28 AM   #12
westiee
Dragon

I believe one have to understand its own water chemistry well,when the best time to WC n amount of WC play a important part in ranchu up keeping,so the best to exp or judge urself.

Once a exp TVR hobbyists share wif me,too much of WC daily will do more harm than good to the fish.As the old saying goes....Take care of the water and the water will take of ur fish.
westiee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2010, 02:34 PM   #13
FND

Hi All,

Appreciate you responses, keep it coming. Thanks for sharing maybe we can build a knowledge base.
Old 19-02-2010, 10:45 PM   #14
kitsilano

AFC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FND View Post
Hi Bro kitsilano,

Exactly my sentiment and hence this thread. I've read the thai link before. I still do not understand the term "Grooming your GF" which being repeatedly mentioned? What are we grooming and method of grooming?
Bro FND....don't expect too much from the first few readings....use Mr Geert Coppen's article as a reference point and keep on going back to read it once in a while...pointers that don't sound meaningful initially might just suddenly come alive and you realise what is written is so meaningful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FND View Post
What are we grooming and method of grooming?

I am afraid, you are asking a very broad based question....it cannot be answered in a few words or a few sentences. Below I share bro Nazari's fish which he posted not too long ago...something about grooming a fish with before/after videos
http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=407390

As written with video. Look closely at the condition of the tail which is weak and collapsing when bro Nazari first bought the fish...
Quote:
Originally Posted by nazari View Post
When i just bought her somewhere in early September 09 - after quarantine

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

The same fish after Bro Nazari managed to groom/strengthen the tail and build up the body mass...3-4 mths later

Quote:
Originally Posted by nazari View Post

Mid January 10
YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

I believe this fish is not finish yet and will be groomed to some outstanding specimen which I hope bro Nazari will continously share with forummers.
kitsilano is offline   Reply With Quote