Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Planted Tanks & Aquascaping Forum > Aquascapers Equipment, DIY and Hardware

Old 04-10-2006, 04:21 PM   #31
Sunfire

Yes, but I don't think this DIY project has a expansion chamber. IF it had, I'll be really impressed and head down to Sim Lim soon. That's why this project doesn't seem to work according to physics. It's like trying to cool a sealed glass of water to 27 degrees C by constantly blowing 30 deg C air at it.
Old 04-10-2006, 04:37 PM   #32
atom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunfire View Post
Yes, but I don't think this DIY project has a expansion chamber. IF it had, I'll be really impressed and head down to Sim Lim soon. That's why this project doesn't seem to work according to physics. It's like trying to cool a sealed glass of water to 27 degrees C by constantly blowing 30 deg C air at it.
You are not alone!
Old 04-10-2006, 05:46 PM   #33
caroland

so wads e overall costing?
Old 05-10-2006, 02:17 AM   #34
charlessito

wa just one day off line so many value answer. thanks for all your feed back.noted

1.this is a low buget try out so dont know the right answer so far (total cost for the radiator is $80. I just plug my outlet to the inlet of the radiator and out to the tank.
2.after two days of observation it did reduce the tep but not as effective as direct fan from top. average day 28-29.night 27-28.
3.Normally i need to top up half a bucket of water a day ,after this set up most two cup ady as my tank has no cover.
4.putting ice over the radiator bring another trouble so not intend to do,this set up is to bring the tep slightly down and save the hassle of toping water for me.
5.I have already a running fan 24/7 so all i did is put the fan blowing at the radiator.no extra cost of another fan.
6.got this ideal from car,imgine the fan of the car blowing at the radiator can reduce so much heat so maybe it works here .(not sure about and physic hahaha.
But thank anyway for all the bro out there for their value comments.
Old 05-10-2006, 11:11 AM   #35
caroland

wa u very innovative...swee..thumbs up
Old 06-10-2006, 12:35 AM   #36
cooldeice

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlessito View Post
it is run by only a 120mm fan that can be purchase at any computer shop,i add a fan control see maybe can control the temperature.
How do you power the DC fan with the AC? Don't tell me you hook it up to your computer and your computer is running 24/7 beside your fish tank.
Old 06-10-2006, 01:14 AM   #37
ymmij
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooldeice View Post
How do you power the DC fan with the AC? Don't tell me you hook it up to your computer and your computer is running 24/7 beside your fish tank.
option1: get a tramsformer to convert ac to dc
option2: get an ac fan, sold in lfs
ymmij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 01:16 AM   #38
ymmij
Senior Dragon

this is defintely an innovative idea, using the water cooling system for overclocking cpu.

as the cost is $80, i would rather you pay slightly more to get a chiller, maybe even a second hand one which will be more effective and reliable.

at least you try. good attempt.
ymmij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 01:51 AM   #39
charlessito

I have a dc fan blowing at the tank itself so just mount the fan at the radiator.
By the way after a few days of observation. If the day tep is very high ,the radiator dont work (physic someone mention is right)
During the night it bring the temp down by 2 degree.
It however sort of solve the problem of topping water some how.
I would say if you are planning a shrimps tank than forget it,a chiller is more suitable.anyway I can still used the radiator for my pc .

So any bro out there can intro me to cheap and good chiller. I figer that if i want a shrimps tank than stable temp is important. maybe something under 200 hahahah am i dreaming
Old 07-10-2006, 08:57 PM   #40
winston77
Arofanatic

I think typical chiller can cost at least $300 , unless you are getting TEM chiller which maybe significantly cheaper.
winston77 is offline   Reply With Quote