Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Planted Tanks & Aquascaping Forum > Aquascapers Equipment, DIY and Hardware

Old 28-03-2005, 09:52 AM   #31
NGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPeX
Ah you got urself a tua gu filter...
u refering to the reactor or the flowrate of my powerhead??? hehe...
anyway, cos read from the forums tt using IOS/Sump type filteration will lead to loss of CO2 so need to ensure 95~100% dissolve rate to overcome the loss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPeX
I read in some other threads that other bros got the same problem, bought from NA reactor leaking, not sure how they solved it also as they also mentioned calling Mr Chan, but no further updates from there..
read those posts be4 but didn't know the result.... i will call later in the afternoon and will post the solution (if any... ). Wish me luck....!
Old 28-03-2005, 11:31 AM   #32
knoogy

To solve those leaking problems with external reactors bought from NA is quite simple. Most of the time it either leaks from the connectors or the CO2 inlet.

If its from the connectors, just use a spanner and remove the connector, add more plumper/thread sealing tape and screw it back. if its the CO2 inlet tats leaking, use silicon or epoxy and apply it ard the connector and let it set over night. And yr leaking problems should be solved. =)

Hope this helps.
Old 28-03-2005, 11:47 AM   #33
MPeX

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGuy
read those posts be4 but didn't know the result.... i will call later in the afternoon and will post the solution (if any... ). Wish me luck....!
If itz the water inlet/outlet connectors that are leaking, u can also go to hardware shops and get urself the metal "rings", the kind used for securing hoses to taps, and screw them on to ensure a tight fit...

Good luck...
Old 28-03-2005, 01:46 PM   #34
NGuy

The leak is actually between the main body and the blue lid (indicated in RED). It's a very small leak and water will accumulate along the groove. I have placed a dessert tub below the reactor to collect the drip n the amt of water this morning is less than a tablespoon. Hope someone with the same experience/encounter can share what was the solution beside having to bring back to NA. Thanks...!!!

Old 29-03-2005, 03:46 PM   #35
NGuy

Update from my earlier post - for the 24hrs it was running, I collected only about 3 spoonfuls of water, so consider a very minor leak. However, since it did leak and god knows whether the leak will worsen, it's better to exchange for a new set since it's considered still under "warranty".

Went NA during lunchtime and exchanged the leaking piece for another set from Mr Chan's store - No questions asked. According to him, the leak could be due to several reasons - faulty O-ring, crack in casing or crack in lid. He also mentioned that several pieces from a previous batch came with faulty lids. Hmmm, have to get back home and refix everything to try the new piece out.

I am crossing my fingers (and toes and any other bodyparts that can be crossed.... ) and hope that this piece will not end up worse than the first....

Bless me.....!!!!
Old 29-03-2005, 05:18 PM   #36
dOlBy

NGuy Bro, how did you managed to secure the reactor to your stand?
Old 29-03-2005, 11:01 PM   #37
NGuy

fixed up the exchanged reactor liao.... phew... took me bout 2 hrs.... so far so good no sign of any leak (yet).
will check 2molo morning....!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dOlBy
NGuy Bro, how did you managed to secure the reactor to your stand?
Bro.... it's abit off the main topic of this thread originally started by Bro MPeX.... i will start another thread and show u how i secure the reactor and some additional connection i added today.... cheers...!!!
Old 30-03-2005, 12:36 AM   #38
artifect2002

wish to check how much efficient is the external compare to the internal one? COs i feel quiet unsightly to see such a big thing outside leh. I actually increase the height of my internal reactor.... hope it works like an external.
Old 30-03-2005, 12:52 AM   #39
NGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by artifect2002
wish to check how much efficient is the external compare to the internal one? COs i feel quiet unsightly to see such a big thing outside leh. I actually increase the height of my internal reactor.... hope it works like an external.
as i have only jus started using the external reactor, i'm not able to vouch for it's efficiency as compared to the internal ones. perhaps other members can answer to your query.

u mentioned u increased the height of yr internal so i assume u r using those 3-balls type.

i have used those be4 and i find them not tt effective as u can still see quite large bubbles being spewed out every now and then. the other point is tt it's more unsightly in the tank and it takes up space.

for the external, thou it is very much larger in size, at least it is not IN the tank itself. In fact, i was also hesitant initially to get the external reactor due to it's size and i have no cabinet to hide it. after some considerations, i decided, if cannot hide it, try to install it "professionally" and display it openly lor.

i have started another thread detailing the installation of the reactor. hope to have yr comments.
Old 02-04-2005, 02:03 AM   #40
MPeX

Was at Plantas earlier this evening, stocks for this juz came in... for bros that may still be interested...