Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Goldfish & Koi Forum

Old 30-12-2008, 02:18 AM   #41
AndySpec

Beautiful n big kois.
Old 30-12-2008, 04:16 AM   #42
markgardner

Quote:
Originally Posted by terence28 View Post

April 15 entry in The Yamakoshi Year

This pic is very interesting cos the koi appear to by flying in the green "sky"...

Ah, a picture I recall very vividly, like it was yesterday.

These were some of the earliest Koi I found swimming in mud ponds, belonging to a husband and wife Koi breeder and rice farmer couple called 'Ikarashi', not to be confused with Ikarashi Kazuto. You can see them at various times throughout the year on the blog.

As the Koi had just been released into the mudpond they'd not been actively digging up the bottom feeding hence the water still had a clarity to it.

I return to Japan in a couple of days time and will again look forward to the days when the first Koi are released to the mud ponds.
Old 30-12-2008, 09:14 AM   #43
Leong68
Endangered Dragon

Quote:

April 15 entry in The Yamakoshi Year

This pic is very interesting cos the koi appear to by flying in the green "sky"...
very nice and interesting.
Leong68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2008, 11:32 AM   #44
terence28

Quote:
Originally Posted by markgardner View Post
I return to Japan in a couple of days time and will again look forward to the days when the first Koi are released to the mud ponds.
Wow, yr home trip is so short! So will u start a new blog to record the next 3 years? Or continue in the existing one?
Old 30-12-2008, 12:01 PM   #45
Kellee

thanks for sharing!
Old 30-12-2008, 02:42 PM   #46
Showa

Quote:
Ah, a picture I recall very vividly, like it was yesterday.

These were some of the earliest Koi I found swimming in mud ponds, belonging to a husband and wife Koi breeder and rice farmer couple called 'Ikarashi', not to be confused with Ikarashi Kazuto. You can see them at various times throughout the year on the blog.

As the Koi had just been released into the mudpond they'd not been actively digging up the bottom feeding hence the water still had a clarity to it.

Mark, I am definetly looking forward to your up and coming posts and beautiful pictures in the year 2009! Your knowledge and experience really does inspires me
Old 30-12-2008, 06:09 PM   #47
markgardner

Quote:
Wow, yr home trip is so short! So will u start a new blog to record the next 3 years? Or continue in the existing one?
Terence

There will be a new blog as part of a larger site, it possibly won't be up and running as soon as I return, but will be before the end of Jan.

Mark
Old 30-12-2008, 06:39 PM   #48
terence28

Quote:
Terence

There will be a new blog as part of a larger site, it possibly won't be up and running as soon as I return, but will be before the end of Jan.

Mark
I look forward to that, Mark.
Old 31-12-2008, 09:44 PM   #49
nayrb
Arofanatic

Quote:
The Yamakoshi Year is the blog of Mark Gardner who is spending a year living in Ojiya, Japan, close to Yamakoshi, the home and heartland of production of Koi (Nishikigoi).

I find that this blog is gives more insight to koi farming than any book i've ever read. As this blog got no home page to start with, I chose to introduce this blog with a mud pond harvest page. Just look at the living jewels that emerge from the muddy waters.... never fail to take my breath away.

Preview: Torazo lifting a big kohaku

The blog page:
http://yamakoshi.blogspot.com/2008/1...big-girls.html
Bro very interesting blog and great learning experience. Thks for sharing
nayrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 12:50 AM   #50
terence28

Quote:
Originally Posted by nayrb View Post
Bro very interesting blog and great learning experience. Thks for sharing
thanks bro! Happy new year!