Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Stingrays & other bottom dwellers Forum

Old 11-09-2015, 02:17 PM   #21
sen_jie
Senior Dragon

BD is a marketing term to differentiate normal leopoldi from the general perceived better grade leopoldi. The reason for differentiation is due to differentiated pricing.

If talking abt bloodline. BD is not a bloodline. its a general perceived standard started by seller.

As mentioned above, BD is a standard, the benchmark varies according to buyer and seller. Simple analogy, for example, some guys like skinny ladies some like BBW, some like tall, some like pear shape. each individual has their own preferences. What you define chio, may not be chio for others. Although marketer will try to help you define the definition of chio and drive you towards that direction.

So end of the day instead of asking if it is pure BD, maybe the right phrase should be is this pure P13 (which makes more sense)

And lastly, spend the hard earn money to satisfy your own preference and not spend it to satisfy other people's preference

Cheers and poll responsibly
sen_jie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 10:42 PM   #22
Nomis
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sen_jie View Post
BD is a marketing term to differentiate normal leopoldi from the general perceived better grade leopoldi. The reason for differentiation is due to differentiated pricing.

If talking abt bloodline. BD is not a bloodline. its a general perceived standard started by seller.

As mentioned above, BD is a standard, the benchmark varies according to buyer and seller. Simple analogy, for example, some guys like skinny ladies some like BBW, some like tall, some like pear shape. each individual has their own preferences. What you define chio, may not be chio for others. Although marketer will try to help you define the definition of chio and drive you towards that direction.

So end of the day instead of asking if it is pure BD, maybe the right phrase should be is this pure P13 (which makes more sense)

And lastly, spend the hard earn money to satisfy your own preference and not spend it to satisfy other people's preference

Cheers and poll responsibly
I like your answer so far...

Try asking this question in next election ,still no answer.

For me ...1 is black fish with white spot. The other is white fish with black marking .

Simon
Nomis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 11:40 PM   #23
Sociedad
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthew View Post
BD price higher.

BdLeo price lower.
good one
Sociedad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2015, 01:40 PM   #24
ycchoo
Arofanatic

Hi all bros, so regardless of BD or BD leo they are all classified as P13?
ycchoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2015, 06:46 PM   #25
itchy
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ycchoo View Post
Hi all bros, so regardless of BD or BD leo they are all classified as P13?
Yea, so theoretical should carry typical p13 paddle tail, not elongated tail of what...
itchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2015, 11:29 AM   #26
sen_jie
Senior Dragon

as for tail.. need to give and take abit la.

i do not think there is a definition of how long is long and how short is short. as long as the standard deviation is not too far off.

Is just like saying, Durex study says that asian tend to have smaller genital than their angmo counterpart. but if there are some asian guy who are bigger than average, that doesn't mean they are angmo right? same analogy loh.
Old 14-09-2015, 02:35 PM   #27
wmh
Dragon

Quote:

i do not think there is a definition of how long is long and how short is short. as long as the standard deviation is not too far off.

Is just like saying, Durex study says that asian tend to have smaller genital than their angmo counterpart. but if there are some asian guy who are bigger than average, that doesn't mean they are angmo right? same analogy loh.
well said bro, like ur quotation on the genital part..lol
wmh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2015, 03:57 PM   #28
lierudy

Quote:

Where is the "like" button?? hahaha.

All your analogies are top notch bro. Took away my monday blues.

Here is another perspective.. For us hobbyist.. having a stunning ray is just one part of the puzzle.. you might want to think about how to choose a good tank, filtration, lightning, cleaning rhythm, etc.

Once you reach a balance on all those.. you will get more satisfaction out of this hobby. Not just by choosing the prettiest p13.. which is never ending one
lierudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2015, 09:19 AM   #29
Nomis
Dragon

Quote:

Good one again , Mr Durex no wonder they always say i look like ang mo

Choosing a nice ray ( to ones own liking/comfort) is what i hope each and every hobbyist would instill in their mindset. As there is no limit to the sky or space, you will feel that there are still nicer piece around after you got yours.

Unless you can afford to buy the best of the best at all cost, sometimes we human are just never satisfied.

There are Designer Rays out there ( in Thailand or China) that are nicer and pricer than normal BD or high quality p13, so does it mean you will not commit at its price when its not pure BD? But somehow others do..

Simon
Nomis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2015, 12:34 PM   #30
sen_jie
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomis View Post
I like your answer so far...

Try asking this question in next election ,still no answer.

For me ...1 is black fish with white spot. The other is white fish with black marking .

Simon
Coz it can get a bit tricky when ppl say their rays is "pure BD" or " from BD downgrade to BDleo" or "BD pups from BD parents"

the terminology is a bit too mind boggling for my simple mind. It makes the word BD seems like a total new variant or species rather than a grade