Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Goldfish & Koi Forum

Old 30-06-2005, 12:48 PM   #71
GFguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sotong King
So you almost kana sotonged.
I where got so sotong. Check in RG and found no answer to the same question. So ask same question here and also no reply, already get my answer liao. Suddenly see private message to confirm i'm right.
Friend good recommend, ask me to register here somemore.
Old 30-06-2005, 12:53 PM   #72
GFguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pykoh
Maybe just to clarify. As far as I know, this workshop is arranged mainly to educate fellow ranchu hobbyists on this hobby on having talk/seminar by ranchu breeder from oversea. The entrance fee we have to pay is not high and is used to buy refreshments and etc. I don't see anything wrong with that.

As for the sale of bbrs/junior tosai or any ranchu, it is up to the participants whether they want to buy or not. If you want to buy, you have to contact and work it out with the organiser. This kind of workshop/talk/seminar cum selling session is common and arranged many times among fish keeping hobby (like Bettas, Guppies, Dicus and etc) esp. if oversea breeders are involved. I don't see anything wrong with this either.

If you think that this workshop has ulterior motives and not worth participating, then dont join/come. Nobody can force you.
Hi pykoh, can you tell me who is the teacher? I was not told in the PM.
Old 30-06-2005, 12:57 PM   #73
pykoh
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by GFguy
Hi pykoh, can you tell me who is the teacher? I was not told in the PM.
The name of the speaker giving the talk/seminar was not revealed to me also. If everything goes as planned, the speaker should be one of Kashino's student and he is from oversea. However, this is yet to be confirmed.

Last edited by pykoh; 30-06-2005 at 01:05 PM.
pykoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2005, 12:59 PM   #74
samuelphan
Senior Dragon

Hi Guys,

From what I know ... the talk was organised out of good will to increase the awareness of ranchu keeping.

As for sale ... it is more like pre-order of Kashino BBRs and the price is very competitive and the organiser is not making any $$$ out of the deal. He is just doing a favour

As for any sale at the event ... probably there will be some ... think those on sale will be the few extras fishes that are hand-carried in together with the pre-ordered ones.

As for venue ... I was told it will be at a farm area.

With Best Regards,
Samuel Phan
samuelphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2005, 01:06 PM   #75
GFguy

Quote:
The name of the breeder giving the talk/seminar was not revealed to me also. If everything goes as planned, the speaker should be one of Kashino's student and he is from oversea.
Alamak, you don't know the speaker and register. I don't understand?
Kashino student, do you know him? Do you know Mr Kashino have how many student and how many grand student and grand grand student. All also oversea what.
I don't know why you answering for the runner? i hope you don't mine.
Old 30-06-2005, 01:11 PM   #76
GFguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by samuelphan
Hi Guys,

From what I know ... the talk was organised out of good will to increase the awareness of ranchu keeping.

As for sale ... it is more like pre-order of Kashino BBRs and the price is very competitive and the organiser is not making any $$$ out of the deal. He is just doing a favour

As for any sale at the event ... probably there will be some ... think those on sale will be the few extras fishes that are hand-carried in together with the pre-ordered ones.

As for venue ... I was told it will be at a farm area.

With Best Regards,
Samuel Phan
Who do you mean by organiser don't make money? The one selling fish or the runner? I also getting abit sotong liao.
Why do you think they want to sell fish in a seminal.
Old 30-06-2005, 01:20 PM   #77
pykoh
Dragon

Quote:
Alamak, you don't know the speaker and register. I don't understand?
Kashino student, do you know him? Do you know Mr Kashino have how many student and how many grand student and grand grand student. All also oversea what.
I don't know why you answering for the runner? i hope you don't mine.
Does it really matter so much? You are not looking at the bigger picture. The aim is to learn from others, not only the speaker but as well as other fellow hobbyists (and maybe to know more fellow hobbyists). Also a good chance (at least to me) to meet and catch up with some folks which I have not met for a while. To have separate kopi sessions with all of them would already cost me more than the entrance fee of the workshop.

Even in worst case scenario where you do not benefit from the talk/seminar, you only wasted your entrance fee (and probably some of your time) for the workshop but the fee is already so low. I do not know why you are complaining so much.

I am only speaking from a neutral point cos I do not see the logic in your "complaining" and the organiser is taking a lot of trouble and time to organise this.
Old 30-06-2005, 01:34 PM   #78
GFguy

Quote:
Does it really matter so much? You are not looking at the bigger picture. The aim is to learn from others, not only the speaker but as well as other fellow hobbyists (and maybe to know more fellow hobbyists). Also a good chance (at least to me) to meet and catch up with some folks which I have not met for a while. To have separate kopi sessions with all of them would already cost me more than the entrance fee of the workshop.

Even in worst case scenario where you do not benefit from the talk/seminar, you only wasted your entrance fee (and probably some of your time) for the workshop but the fee is already so low. I do not know why you are complaining so much.

I am only speaking from a neutral point cos I do not see the logic in your "complaining" and the organiser is taking a lot of trouble and time to organise this.
I don't think you get my point. Not the time and money, good to have gathering.
Old 30-06-2005, 01:39 PM   #79
pykoh
Dragon

Quote:
I don't think you get my point. Not the time and money, good to have gathering.
Then what is your point??? I don't understand yours so far if it i not about money or time. I have already written down mine in earlier posting.
Old 30-06-2005, 02:05 PM   #80
GFguy

Quote:
Then what is your point??? I don't understand yours so far if it i not about money or time. I have already written down mine in earlier posting.
What did i started off with.