Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > The Guildhouse > Chatterbox > Singapore Politics

Old 30-12-2016, 10:35 AM   #131
globalcookie
Dragon

For those of you who HATES this boy Amos Yee so much, do you hate that grown up man Calvin Cheng as much? Didn't seems to see the same concerns when he said kill the children and unborn child of terrorist.

What about the YPAP guy who said bus load of future terrorist?

Do those who HATES Amos Yee hates these 2 jokers as much?
globalcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2016, 12:49 PM   #132
LauLanChu
Dragon

I no hate anyone, just feel sorry. As for the mentioned fellows I think the intention is different and a bit overboard, but they already restrained. Cannot be compared to Amos as this boy is totally overboard and out of control, and many chance given. He got an early release and now he escaped to US...again somebody going to take chance to slap the immigration for lax check in custom....
LauLanChu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2016, 01:03 PM   #133
hkh
Arofanatic

Why blame our custom ? Is he not allowed to travel ?
hkh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2016, 01:21 PM   #134
millenium
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkh View Post
Think it is legal for him to travel there. If not he will be deported back already.
millenium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2016, 01:31 PM   #135
globalcookie
Dragon

Just a general opinion....

US is very liberal in freedom of speech. Singapore is very very constrained, to the point it kills freedom of expression all in the name of sensitivity (ok to some point it's valid that we shd be sensitive).

It is all assumed he will get it worst in US. But for all we know, he may be better in US, or worse, but that's his own choosing and his parents had allowed (even if reluctantly or what). Even if he still verbally attacks our system or whatever, it is his own doing. He may be wrong in some points, but he isn't totally wrong.

Sensitivity. Well, religion wise, I find it quite candid. When ex-monk/nun took to the stage and condemn Buddhism and Taoism, the community didn't react but just brush it aside. When a young over zealous took the deitie off the alter and saw off the head, the community didn't outcry. But when Amos Yee did it, wow.... amazing.

He is afterall, a raging teen. But some of his words has depth and are not unfound. When he shoot his mouth on someone, many ppl seems wanting a piece of him. But when Dr LWL said some points, the public were very much quiet. Why the disparity? Come on, one raging teen and one Doctor (head of some institution) who is well educated and sensible. But than nothing done to Dr LWL, so there MUST BE SOME TRUTHS in her words.

Where AY is concern, I don't feel anything positive/negative abt it. I take it as him being just someone who had enough. And that seems like... wrong to many. I have no guts like him and like many who didn't vote for PAP, we have our grouse too but most are just sitting behind e keyboard.... i am hamji while AY really has balls of steel for right or wrong reason (up to individuals to play judge)
Old 30-12-2016, 04:29 PM   #136
LauLanChu
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkh View Post
The shared article wrote he is due to serve army and supposed to get exit permit. So wonder how come our NS system and custom not linked.
Old 30-12-2016, 04:50 PM   #137
globalcookie
Dragon

What's e requirement for exit permit? Does he need exit permit if he is going on e pretext of a few days?

Immigration n Mindef is not link in that aspect of think. Even when we have obligation to the nation, they can't stop us crossing e border.

If they are link, and immigration is supposed to enforce, I think it's gg to be very constraining on immigration. They are already busy.

If men are required to have exit permits and present it at immigration, there will be even more logistical issues to take care of. ICA already up to their nose.

I won't wish for more leash on my neck.... we are already in such a uptight and restrictive environment and culture
I won't want more.
Old 30-12-2016, 05:01 PM   #138
LauLanChu
Dragon

AY is not really a concern to Sg, he is infact a nuisance to a lot . He makes controversial videos and a lot just viewed it as a piece of entertainment or a joke, He is actually mocking nothing except himself, and he still don't feel it and being make use of by people who likes to see good 'show'. As a parents myself I just pity his parents of having such son...can feel how much pain he has caused to his parents.

Actually we have been very lenient to AY with his countless acts of violating the law. If he is of treat, long he will be in custody under the ISA. Yet now he is able to travel to US freely. He is being viewed as some video making savy kid. Now whether he can remain in US or get depot back nobody really interested except those that wants to see his downfall or watch some good show.

To add on in Sg context whether a person is reprimanded depend on a lot of circumstances. Police will usually not involve unless somebody complained or case of very serious nature or with criminal intention and they got to investigate. And whether a person is charged also depends on a lot of factors, like seriousness of case, age, past records....
Old 30-12-2016, 05:07 PM   #139
LauLanChu
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by globalcookie View Post
What's e requirement for exit permit? Does he need exit permit if he is going on e pretext of a few days?
I thought male of certain age before serving NS when going overseas needs to get mindef informed, my son of 16 age got a letter. Probably not a very strict rule.
Old 30-12-2016, 05:08 PM   #140
globalcookie
Dragon

Depends on which side of the coin we are looking at. He taken things into his own hands to be the opposite of main stream. Is he wrong? To many, yes.

I don't know if he is right or wrong. I didn't want to view his video or his grouse about things. I don't see him a nuisance nor am I encouraging.