Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > The Guildhouse > Chatterbox

Old 05-07-2018, 11:20 PM   #41
Guppies Onli
Dragon

What type of users vandalised these bikes most?
Guppies Onli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 11:20 PM   #42
stargazer
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardg View Post
Those bikes are very slightly and users very considerate.
If allowed to continue it will erode our value system.
I am glad LTA is doing something.

Anyone has a better idea?
I think we don't need this at all. The country spend so much $$ on infrastructure, public transport. And we are always advocating healthy lifestyle. Can't we walk a bit more instead relying on this?
stargazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 12:32 AM   #43
mictok
Dragon

Cant really pinpoint which group is the abuser however my observation at my estate, foreign workers are more appreciative towards this bike rental scheme as its like a common hometown mode of transport for most of them. The common excuse they give is no indication of where to park the bike.
mictok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 03:22 AM   #44
SabaDen92
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazer View Post
I think we don't need this at all. The country spend so much $$ on infrastructure, public transport. And we are always advocating healthy lifestyle. Can't we walk a bit more instead relying on this?
That's so narrow...look at the wider picture. Cycling not healthy? Instead of driving to the mart, walk as u say or if abit far, cycle. Both oso healthy. The bike is not THE problem. I walk lots n sometimes appreciate it when I see a bike I can use.
SabaDen92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 06:52 AM   #45
millenium
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabaDen92 View Post
That's so narrow...look at the wider picture. Cycling not healthy? Instead of driving to the mart, walk as u say or if abit far, cycle. Both oso healthy. The bike is not THE problem. I walk lots n sometimes appreciate it when I see a bike I can use.
That is the idea behind it, and cut health care burden on gov. But still.... with current situation, will they still have went ahead if they know this will happen in future? thry still has not solvr the motorised bikes and scooters problem.
millenium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 11:16 AM   #46
jwhtan
Barney

Quote:
Originally Posted by mictok View Post
Not a well planned execution by LTA to introduce the bike rental then set out rules and regulation, those scholars seems to be at defensive mode to used "Government said so" to cover their ass when screw up.

i feel they are reactive rather than proactive ......

Quote:
Originally Posted by mictok View Post
I am quite surprise with the way the users respond to the bike as our education standard has bring us to the first world standard but morally we didn't reach that level yet.
Although we cant reach the moral standard of the Japanese but I don't think we are that far off until I read about the cases of bike in the drain, thrown down from flats, locks been remove and respray of colours.

agree ..... perhaps we can study how they Japanese does it ......
u see loads of them cycling to mrt and it is not an eyesore like here in SG

they park properly ......

is it the culture ? or sgreans are a bunch of highly literate but uneducated hillbillies ......
jwhtan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 12:07 PM   #47
coryfav
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by millenium View Post
I wish Singapore can become a fine city again. Instead of so many civil servants in overlapped areas, employed more on patrol and show everyone we r a fine city.
As I see it, the only way for the present SG to even look like a gracious society, is to make it a fine city.
coryfav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 12:43 PM   #48
millenium
Senior Dragon

One example, japanese dun anyhow throw rubbish like some in our country. How to learn from them? Culture is not something that can be taught. One thing, migrants to japan has to change to jap name and live like local there. Here, it is rojak. Japanese has managed to produce elite sports stars in table tennis and badminton without foreign talents, here both sports we produce nothing locally despite of better financial support.
Old 06-07-2018, 03:28 PM   #49
SabaDen92
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by millenium View Post
One example, japanese dun anyhow throw rubbish like some in our country. How to learn from them? Culture is not something that can be taught. One thing, migrants to japan has to change to jap name and live like local there. Here, it is rojak. Japanese has managed to produce elite sports stars in table tennis and badminton without foreign talents, here both sports we produce nothing locally despite of better financial support.
Recent incident...in the WC n commended by many, the Japanese fans even clean up after them in the stadium after the match. They r unique...very unique.
SabaDen92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 04:32 PM   #50
millenium
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabaDen92 View Post
Recent incident...in the WC n commended by many, the Japanese fans even clean up after them in the stadium after the match. They r unique...very unique.
They are very unique, a race with a lot of pride. Look at them in before and in ww2. They were the most advance in asia. Now that chinese are less willing to train hard, they catch up in sports. And they r the only asian team in ww2018 last 16.