Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > Arowana Forum > Tank set-ups, Filtration & Water Management

Old 17-04-2015, 12:05 AM   #31
Tay
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by shark View Post
hi Tay. do update us once this product available in LFS, if the price is compareable with the 4L prime, then I can consider switching.. although I have stop keeping ray... but I think good water condition is important for any fishes keeping hobby
The distributor Ocean Ent is doing a soft launch under mkt pl in equip and accessories. Can PM him if interested.
Tay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2015, 12:34 AM   #32
Tay
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by albertlow View Post
Hi Tay, what is the dosage like? Example, 10ml treat how much water?
Initially when I look at AST dosage I am not so happy cos compared to many other AC it is consider high. However, after I did my reseach on AC with stack of notes, compared the figures wat other AC gave, the I realised is other wise.

Almost all AC in the mkt will tell u tat their dosage is super low, unrealistically low. But when u read in depth, in fine print they wld advised u to dose based on full tank dosage, without realising, the actual dosage is not as low as u think if is based on full tank. Then they will tell u, if remove high chloramine, u need double dose, if remove nitrate u need 4 times the dosage...... then some is to remove ammonia u need to add another chem. is all abt figues.

Example: usually for 5 or 6 ft tank, normally for non high bioload tank pple change abt 200 litres of water weekly. AST need only 25ml based on amt of wc. however, if other AC based on full tank dosage, come back to square 1 ard the same dosage. But AST is cheaper.

If u do more WC like 50%, u may think tat low dosage AC better, but if u calculate, if change like 400 litres, u need 50ml AST, but cos AST is cheaper, it cusion off ur cost, again come back to square 1 but u using a better AC.

Nxt, if u do like 70% to 90% of wc, then my advise is use a gd AC cos ur fishes worth more than the AC.

Last edited by Tay; 17-04-2015 at 12:47 AM.
Old 17-04-2015, 12:46 AM   #33
Tay
Dragon

Honestly, initially I had asked the distributor to request Aquascience Tech to come out with an AC with low dosage comparable with wat the mkt is having. I am surprised with the ans they gave me. The owner of Aquascience a scientist replied, no way I can come out with such a concentrated AC. In order to completely remove all the shit inside the tap water, a certain amt concentration is needed. If based on the low dosage of wat is on the mkt, the chem used for AST AC cannot be dissolved in water.

I am not a scientist or chemist, so wat the owner of AST said I leave it to u guys to judge. I just study the figures and it tells me a lot.
Old 17-04-2015, 04:36 PM   #34
CommYeoK

I feel AST ultimate is the best AC i've used thus far. Used to be on API AC before making the switch to prime. Didn't keep rays till recently.. I double dosed my water with prime thinking it was safe. Apparently i was wrong. White rash like spots appeared on my rays after a few months.
After switching to 'Ultimate' recently, the rash like symptoms have been receeding and now my ray is perfectly normal, eats more too. My guess is the sulfur based prime was toxic for the rays.. even my small ITs are eating better.
CommYeoK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2015, 08:25 PM   #35
Shadow7
Senior Dragon

Just did wc and tried AST ultimate on all my 3 tanks and can see that my fishes are much more active then b4. With my usual practice of doing at least 50% wc this dosage on only the amt of water changed compared to the usual dosage of full tank water by prime I think it should be more economical. For monster fish keepers this should be highly recommended !
Shadow7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2015, 10:17 PM   #36
luckystar64
Arofanatic

Smile

Hi

I have dosed my 3 Tanks with AST and am pleased to say that my Rays and fishes are swimming actively and eating well.
It is value for money and I strongly recommend to Rays or Fish Keepers
Most importantly, it works.

Cheers
luckystar64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2015, 12:50 PM   #37
Relaxation
Arofanatic

Hi all,

I just got a bottle recently and after using this product, I find my aro are swimming more comfortably and active. Also one of my aro not eating for one month and with seller advised. After a few water change using the product my aro managed to finished one MP yesterday. For my case it works...

Thanks!
Relaxation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2015, 12:59 PM   #38
itchy
Endangered Dragon

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relaxation View Post
Hi all,

I just got a bottle recently and after using this product, I find my aro are swimming more comfortably and active. Also one of my aro not eating for one month and with seller advised. After a few water change using the product my aro managed to finished one MP yesterday. For my case it works...

Thanks!
Good to hear that. What anti chlorine are you using previously?
itchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2015, 06:13 PM   #39
Relaxation
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by itchy View Post
Good to hear that. What anti chlorine are you using previously?
microbe-lift xtreme
Relaxation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2015, 06:47 PM   #40
chern
Arofanatic

Ive got a bottle of this to try, my review is that fishes are swimming as good or better compared to previous AC which was SC prime. Compared to prime, the liquid is alot more concentrated and thick, abit like syrup. It also dosent have such a strong pungent smell like prime, i dont know the technical details that are different so i wont go there.

Personal review is that this product is working fine without any problems and see my fishes abit happer, whether that is real or my own imagination, i am happy using this product until any/if problems arise!
chern is offline   Reply With Quote