Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Cichlid Experiences

Old 10-06-2012, 01:11 AM   #21
Ozone

AFC Member

Pasir ris, nearest will be at the farm way. A few shops has it, ah kai, mainland, etc.
Ozone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 01:20 AM   #22
oochi_betta

Thumbs up

Ok cool. I'll look into it. Thanks bro.
If u have any or know any bros selling one pc healthy nice color juvenile lemme know...
Old 10-06-2012, 02:22 AM   #23
nitingdedao
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by itchy View Post
Can use the eye size ratio as a gauge . The other piece also under growth.
Got this pic from a website sometime back. cannot remember where....

nitingdedao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 03:00 AM   #24
Spakase

Clean water is extremely important for discus, their tolerance level for poor water conditions is next to zero. Therefore, many discus hobbyists keep a bare tank with sponge filter and daily water changes from 20 per cent up to more than 90 per cent. Uneaten food is immediately scooped up.

Discus are sensitive creatures, if one can maintain a very clean environment free of bacteria, free of stress, they will show the most beautiful colours and grace. Among all fishes, I still treasure discus beauty as one of the finest!
Old 10-06-2012, 03:04 AM   #25
Spakase

Medication is used if the fish is not stable, such as having poor appetite, long stringy poo. The preferred medication which almost instantly takes effect is metronidazole. This medicine is included in a lot of discus medications, it is a prescribed medicine and can only be obtained from a vet in Sg. However, over the counter discus medications do not need a vet's prescription. Many just pick up the medicine in JB where there is no such requirement.
Old 10-06-2012, 01:31 PM   #26
ymmij
Senior Dragon

I can give you some beefheart I made myself last week. I stay in hougang avenue 1. If you are keen maybe can drop me a pm and can collect tonight.

Do note that feeding beefheart may cloud your water easily so frequent water change is a must.
ymmij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 02:59 PM   #27
sonpower55

Quote:
Originally Posted by ymmij View Post
I can give you some beefheart I made myself last week. I stay in hougang avenue 1. If you are keen maybe can drop me a pm and can collect tonight.

Do note that feeding beefheart may cloud your water easily so frequent water change is a must.
Wow very steady leh bro... So how is your breeding program ? Are they still sharing the same tank ?
Old 10-06-2012, 05:43 PM   #28
itchy
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ymmij View Post

That's very nice of you.

Free homemade beef heart for all?
itchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 05:44 PM   #29
itchy
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitingdedao View Post
Got this pic from a website sometime back. cannot remember where....
This is what I meant. Thanks bro for showing this image.
itchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 05:58 PM   #30
ymmij
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonpower55 View Post
Wow very steady leh bro... So how is your breeding program ? Are they still sharing the same tank ?
Well the 2 pairs I bought are residing in a 3 feet tank separated by a divider. I just let them be...

Quote:
Originally Posted by itchy View Post
That's very nice of you.
Free homemade beef heart for all?
If those bros who want to let their discus try beefheart, I can give you some that I made myself. Anyway I usually buy 2 kg to match and mix so that's quite a lot for my few discus.

I can feed the beefheart that I am giving away to my discus first to demonstrate that the beefheart are fit for the discus. I will not be responsible for any misfortune or accident that happen to your discus after eating the beefheart.
ymmij is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
discus, sick