Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > Arowana Forum > Tank set-ups, Filtration & Water Management

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28-06-2015, 11:28 PM   #31
mohamed_ali_j
Dragon
 
mohamed_ali_j's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,959
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiahuang View Post
Bro if I were you , 15 aro should be a sight .... Don't worry about bioload as your sump still can handle
15 Arowanas? Hmmm, I kind of like the idea.

Thanks Bro.

Cheers mate..!!
mohamed_ali_j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2015, 11:39 PM   #32
jiahuang
Dragon
 
jiahuang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,299
Default

http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/sh...=447400&page=4

Bro you can roughly gage .. My last time tank only 5x2x2 ... Yours is around 2 times my tank ... 15 might look a bit cramp but nice sure ... Bioload wise don't worry too much ....

8 reds also must tan .... 10 reds also must tan , as well go for 15 pcs
jiahuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2015, 12:20 PM   #33
stanleytheng
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 7
Default

Hi bro,

I am keeping 6 aro (2 red 4 XB) in my 5x2.5x2x5 and they have ample space, so i guess with ur tank dimensions, imo should be looking at 12 or more =)
stanleytheng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 01:23 AM   #34
mohamed_ali_j
Dragon
 
mohamed_ali_j's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,959
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiahuang View Post
http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/sh...=447400&page=4

Bro you can roughly gage .. My last time tank only 5x2x2 ... Yours is around 2 times my tank ... 15 might look a bit cramp but nice sure ... Bioload wise don't worry too much ....

8 reds also must tan .... 10 reds also must tan , as well go for 15 pcs
Thanks for the info Bro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanleytheng View Post
Hi bro,

I am keeping 6 aro (2 red 4 XB) in my 5x2.5x2x5 and they have ample space, so i guess with ur tank dimensions, imo should be looking at 12 or more =)
Hi Bro stanleytheng.

I am currently keeping 6 Arowanas in a 6 x 3 x 3 & they look to be swimming freely around the tank. I guess I have to start with 10 Reds & see how it goes.. if still fine.. get more,.. but 1 fish at a time..
After that, my head will be completely bald from big hole in my pocket..

Cheers mate..!!
mohamed_ali_j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 08:09 AM   #35
streetsmart73

Hi there !!! 123
 
streetsmart73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 3,895
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohamed_ali_j View Post
Thanks for the info Bro.



Hi Bro stanleytheng.

I am currently keeping 6 Arowanas in a 6 x 3 x 3 & they look to be swimming freely around the tank. I guess I have to start with 10 Reds & see how it goes.. if still fine.. get more,.. but 1 fish at a time..
After that, my head will be completely bald from big hole in my pocket..

Cheers mate..!!
looking forward to the comm tank soon

wow! 10 reds
streetsmart73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 08:24 AM   #36
Beerman
Endangered Dragon
 
Beerman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 8,874
Default

10 ft and a 9 ft sump tank, easy easy can house 50 small aros lah!
Beerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 12:07 AM   #37
mohamed_ali_j
Dragon
 
mohamed_ali_j's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,959
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetsmart73 View Post
looking forward to the comm tank soon

wow! 10 reds
Nothing confirmed yet... still weighing in all the pros & cons..
Plus, hopefully can afford it..

Anyway, will update when decision is made..

Cheers mate..!!
mohamed_ali_j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 12:10 AM   #38
mohamed_ali_j
Dragon
 
mohamed_ali_j's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,959
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerman View Post
10 ft and a 9 ft sump tank, easy easy can house 50 small aros lah!
Hi Bro.
50 Aros... phew, the cost of food for them alone will kill me.. not to mention where to house them when all 50 grow to 20"-24"..

Cheers mate..!!
mohamed_ali_j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 11:02 PM   #39
viceroy666
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 11
Default

If financial resources allows, go for the biggest tank possible
viceroy666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 11:25 PM   #40
Las
New Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 19
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohamed_ali_j View Post
Thanks for the info Bro.

Hi Bro stanleytheng.

I am currently keeping 6 Arowanas in a 6 x 3 x 3 & they look to be swimming freely around the tank. I guess I have to start with 10 Reds & see how it goes.. if still fine.. get more,.. but 1 fish at a time..
After that, my head will be completely bald from big hole in my pocket..

Cheers mate..!!
Hi,

My experience with some comm tanks is once you achieved a somewhat stable comm, it is very risky to add in additional fishes 1 by 1. You will risk upsetting the entire established hierarchy in the tank. Easier to start with a slightly larger number and downsize a little bit later.
The only thing is where to put those aros that you have taken out from the main comm later.

Have fun
Las is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +9. The time now is 09:28 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2000-2008 Arofanatics.com (Since 30th August 2000)