Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Catfish Forum

Old 26-07-2013, 12:32 PM   #41
poison

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpkoh5 View Post
I have kept more than 5 tigs previously tried mp and sinking pellets all survived...but personally if u ask me I would go for pellets if u manage to convert... the growth is faster and so much easier...tig grew from 4" to more than 12" in less than a year time... though have to be careful not to overfeed.
Bro izit thru ur observation & found out tat pellets wil fasten the growth?cos i never try b4 so if yes it gd to know...to mi i tink keeping a tig (1st)water mus b gd(tink it applies to most of our beloved fishes),(2nd)provide more aeration(3rd)do not overfeed(tis is very important)....
Old 03-05-2015, 08:47 PM   #42
mrnyunus
Dragon

Question Tig care..

Recently tried my hands on adding a tig to my comm, twice both 10-11inchers up lorry within 2-3wks....am curious if they require special care..been reading up on tig care and it seems it's quite hardy at this sizes...I comm w 13-15in aros n a pair of 10in Rays ... Tank is 6x2.5x2.5 sump w hydra stream n uv filters..tank is abt 6-7yrs old but I restarted my comm abt 1 yr ago..
mrnyunus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 01:26 AM   #43
patclay
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnyunus View Post
Recently tried my hands on adding a tig to my comm, twice both 10-11inchers up lorry within 2-3wks....am curious if they require special care..been reading up on tig care and it seems it's quite hardy at this sizes...I comm w 13-15in aros n a pair of 10in Rays ... Tank is 6x2.5x2.5 sump w hydra stream n uv filters..tank is abt 6-7yrs old but I restarted my comm abt 1 yr ago..
It's hard to say. I had two mati before but the current one is super tough. It had injuries to the body from time to time and even lost part of the flesh on the tail but it persevered on. Today it is still going super strong at 2 ft long...
patclay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 10:20 AM   #44
mrnyunus
Dragon

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by patclay View Post
It's hard to say. I had two mati before but the current one is super tough. It had injuries to the body from time to time and even lost part of the flesh on the tail but it persevered on. Today it is still going super strong at 2 ft long...
Hi bro, wad do u comm ur tig with?...I'll try another tig, cross my fingers.
Old 04-05-2015, 11:55 AM   #45
leavemeuntitled
Dragon

Quote:
do you add salt when you wc?they are pretty sensitive to salt and it burn them easily as they do not have scale.
leavemeuntitled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 06:52 PM   #46
patclay
Dragon

Quote:
Hi bro, wad do u comm ur tig with?...I'll try another tig, cross my fingers.
I comm with a lot of discus and one red aro in a 5ft tank.

By the way, mine is able to withstand high amount of salt as at one time some of my fishes in the tank were sick and I had to throw a lot of salt in. I was prepared that the tig might up lorry as it was also kind of sick and the body was bend but it could tahan the treatment and recovered.

That's my tig but I'm not so sure whether other tigs can take huge amount of salt...
patclay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 08:14 PM   #47
mrnyunus
Dragon

Thumbs up

No salt bros...btw got myself 3rd one...fingers crossed. Thks for the insights, i also tink it really depends on the-character and fish itself..same species but dif character..thks bros...
Old 04-05-2015, 11:23 PM   #48
maffia_2010
Arofanatic

Tig cannot overfeed also , even though they look cute in that bloated stomache. If possible refrian feeders. Mine is on pellet now
maffia_2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 11:39 PM   #49
Nevin
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by maffia_2010 View Post
Tig cannot overfeed also , even though they look cute in that bloated stomache. If possible refrian feeders. Mine is on pellet now
Totally agree, do not overfeed, not feeding feeder.

In addition, maintain stable water parameter with strong aeration and water temperature not recommended to go beyond 30 degree, as high water temperature could reduce dissolved oxygen.
Nevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 12:26 PM   #50
mrnyunus
Dragon

Smile Thks

Guys... Do u switch off tank lights at nite to feed ur tigs?.. Need to off? Coz I use blue/white led for nite viewing ...tigs hv to be in total darkness to feed?? Tia