Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Goldfish & Koi Forum

Old 15-04-2008, 01:07 AM   #591
BENG66
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonhart View Post
nice catch! fish of this curvature tend to grow big, however the scales look big and not so tidy.
bro, thanks. You are rite, when grow bigger hopefully the scales will look slightly better. with this curve and scale normally will grow big very fast.
BENG66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2008, 01:12 AM   #592
Machoranchu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilhori View Post
ic cause my tub same with u,want to know how many can fit in?
3 x 2 x 15"? Best ratio is 1 fish per feet. So most is 3. I now have 4. But thankfully they're still healthy and growing but I think I better clear up some space soon.
Old 15-04-2008, 01:20 AM   #593
Evilhori
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machoranchu View Post
3 x 2 x 15"? Best ratio is 1 fish per feet. So most is 3. I now have 4. But thankfully they're still healthy and growing but I think I better clear up some space soon.
ya same size.Like that cant aim too many liao.If not cannot tahan and no place put
Evilhori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2008, 10:46 AM   #594
dragonhart
Dragon

would be nice if u can track it's development. r u giving it wall algae...put PL light? 100% WC?

if i were u, i would buy a 3.5 by 2 by 1 feet guppy tub and keep it (only 1 pc) and put PL light(55w x 2)--7 hours a day, WC 100% every 4 days....food JRL or saki hikari 6 small feedings a day. breakfast and dinner FBW or pellets...observe it during feeding...
Guarantee grow fast and swee.....

once or twice a week, scoop it up to take a side view pic...hee hee keep in tub...soon u will learn to appreciate TVR...then tio TVR poison....very hard to cure...use formalin maybe can cure....ha ha ha

i bot 1 cheap 2.5 inch SVR(<$50) from Fish city about 1 month ago, now 3.5+ inch liao...color also very red (red white fish)...buffalo cheeks also growing..swee swee...

last time i dunno how to groom, most of the time either the fish dun grow much or cheeks and buffalohead shrunk! sian uh!......gave up for a while.
now studying how to play TVR. SVR very easy...so hardy somemore....TVR...morning stilll eating fine....evening sian sian sluggish liao.....dunno how to treat..up lorry tom......

btw i keep it with 1 companion in a 6 by 2.5 by 1 feet FGT tub.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENG66 View Post
bro, thanks. You are rite, when grow bigger hopefully the scales will look slightly better. with this curve and scale normally will grow big very fast.
dragonhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2008, 11:22 AM   #595
Charlesnah
Dragon

Quote:
....TVR...morning stilll eating fine....evening sian sian sluggish liao.....dunno how to treat..up lorry tom......
Yah loh.. kenna once so now very scare..
Charlesnah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2008, 11:26 AM   #596
CullTail
Endangered Dragon

I still dont understand how come TVR are harder to take care of than SVR.

If it is because too much inbreeding of the TVR, does that mean SVR breeders do not do much inbreeding?

Sorry uh, just trying to clear my doubts.
CullTail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2008, 06:52 PM   #597
dragonhart
Dragon

hi Culltail,

for TVR , great emphasis is made on the bloodline/lineage...how pure the bloodline is..inbreeding ...lack of genetic diversity.

For SVR, emphasis is on the features...there's much more cross-breeding to obtain the features..e.g jap fish with china to get lionhead ranchu with longer body and finer scales.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CullTail View Post
I still dont understand how come TVR are harder to take care of than SVR.

If it is because too much inbreeding of the TVR, does that mean SVR breeders do not do much inbreeding?

Sorry uh, just trying to clear my doubts.
dragonhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2008, 07:01 PM   #598
CullTail
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
hi Culltail,

for TVR , great emphasis is made on the bloodline/lineage...how pure the bloodline is..inbreeding ...lack of genetic diversity.

For SVR, emphasis is on the features...there's much more cross-breeding to obtain the features..e.g jap fish with china to get lionhead ranchu with longer body and finer scales.
thanks.

get it now..
Old 15-04-2008, 07:03 PM   #599
CullTail
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
would be nice if u can track it's development. r u giving it wall algae...put PL light? 100% WC?

if i were u, i would buy a 3.5 by 2 by 1 feet guppy tub and keep it (only 1 pc) and put PL light(55w x 2)--7 hours a day, WC 100% every 4 days....food JRL or saki hikari 6 small feedings a day. breakfast and dinner FBW or pellets...observe it during feeding...
Guarantee grow fast and swee.....

once or twice a week, scoop it up to take a side view pic...hee hee keep in tub...soon u will learn to appreciate TVR...then tio TVR poison....very hard to cure...use formalin maybe can cure....ha ha ha

i bot 1 cheap 2.5 inch SVR(<$50) from Fish city about 1 month ago, now 3.5+ inch liao...color also very red (red white fish)...buffalo cheeks also growing..swee swee...

last time i dunno how to groom, most of the time either the fish dun grow much or cheeks and buffalohead shrunk! sian uh!......gave up for a while.
now studying how to play TVR. SVR very easy...so hardy somemore....TVR...morning stilll eating fine....evening sian sian sluggish liao.....dunno how to treat..up lorry tom......

btw i keep it with 1 companion in a 6 by 2.5 by 1 feet FGT tub.
show us some pictures of your SVR,

on sat i went to fish city. they have new shipment, saw one or two pretty decent svr.

cheers
Old 15-04-2008, 09:18 PM   #600
BENG66
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by CullTail View Post
show us some pictures of your SVR,

on sat i went to fish city. they have new shipment, saw one or two pretty decent svr.

cheers
bro, have you decide to get TVR or SVR?
BENG66 is offline   Reply With Quote