Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > Arowana Forum > Arowana Discussion > Articles, Resources & FAQs

Old 30-08-2003, 06:39 PM   #61
ken_yg

Quote:
Originally posted by cavallino
hmmm.. learnt a lot. thanks!
Was hoping to learn from each other experience on lighting. It's good to be "sticky". We can continue to add to lighting system used by bros here.
Come across bro Kray metal halide lighting for red. Interesting natural & bright lighting. Good for that extra dark back look for aro.
If interested, it is in his gallery, & here the link :http://www.arofanatics.com/members/k...pdate28-08-03/

A pic here for those who want to know how the fish look like under metal halide lighting.

Old 31-08-2003, 12:24 AM   #62
kray

Hi,
The above red is under 1x150W MH light.

Old 31-08-2003, 08:46 AM   #63
Mewmender

Quote:
Originally posted by ken_yg
The red tube actually look more purplish than red. Probably got more blue & red mixture, Ideal spectrum for planted tank. Quite like zoomed flora tube.
Anyway, this CR tube are not rated, so it is hard to tell what is in it. Would easier to explain if we know the spectrum characteristic.
tat why... kinda dun wanna turn on my aquarium lights thanks to it... once I on it..... this PURPLE lights comes on..... Argh...

Maybe should consider changing the tubes to the white/white ones... any idea how much it cost?

Old 03-09-2003, 11:53 PM   #64
ken_yg

Quote:
Originally posted by Mewmender2
tat why... kinda dun wanna turn on my aquarium lights thanks to it... once I on it..... this PURPLE lights comes on..... Argh...

Maybe should consider changing the tubes to the white/white ones... any idea how much it cost?
U can check out at C328. Think around $16.00 for both PL 36W & PL 55W tube. Then, I doubt u need that brightness, & the coloration on red will be sacrificed.

Old 06-09-2003, 09:57 AM   #65
badtz

bro

Just wanna clarify that OSRAM has 2 special lamps which we possibly could use for our ARO.
1. OSRAM Lumilux spezial color 965 BIOLUX
with color temperature at 6500 K and Color rendering Index at 97
2. OSRAM Lumilux Spezial FLUORA
this lamps is specially designed for aquariums which increase radiation at the blue and red ends of the spectrum. It has a positive effect on photobiological process and stimulate healthy growth of biological organism.
CMIIAM
I have such tech data because I work at OSRAM indonesia..

I use both of the lamps of my 1.5 red. I will post the pic later.

RGDS
H4N

Old 06-09-2003, 02:10 PM   #66
ken_yg

Quote:
Originally posted by badtz
bro

Just wanna clarify that OSRAM has 2 special lamps which we possibly could use for our ARO.
1. OSRAM Lumilux spezial color 965 BIOLUX
with color temperature at 6500 K and Color rendering Index at 97
2. OSRAM Lumilux Spezial FLUORA
this lamps is specially designed for aquariums which increase radiation at the blue and red ends of the spectrum. It has a positive effect on photobiological process and stimulate healthy growth of biological organism.
CMIIAM
I have such tech data because I work at OSRAM indonesia..

I use both of the lamps of my 1.5 red. I will post the pic later.

RGDS
H4N
Thanks for updating. Wish Osram has a site that could give more details on their lighting range.
Seem like these two type lightings could be utilised in our aro tank. Hope to get them for trial too.

Old 08-09-2003, 10:42 AM   #67
kelvin78

Hi,

anyone tried the Dennerle lights on aros before....not cheap, saw selling around $55 at clementi polyart.

Old 11-09-2003, 04:24 PM   #68
yummy

steady lah, chio leh.