Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > The Guildhouse > Chatterbox > Singapore Politics

Old 30-11-2011, 11:47 PM   #21
Spakase

Lily a bit aunty aunty, not sure she can win the crowd, though I give my vote to her, not for her pretty face but her big heart. I was told she ride in big car, rich family background. For such a person to come down to the lowest levels of society is something admirable.

Nicole won votes more because of her fresh approach, a young girl daring to take on the establishment for the sake of change for better for the less fortunate, and a promise for more participation by the young. She comes across as a David vs Goliath, a lionheart. I think Nicole will score in the next GE.

At the rate the garment now doing things, there are sparks of garment engagement with changing people's opinion, like the ERP reduction during school hols, more trains, housing build up. I think they are spooked by the results of the GE but still need to put on a confident front. This is politics.
I actually like what LHL is doing to his team, he's a lot more focused than previous PMs. Everytime I look at the Sg skyline, I am reminded he is the guy who put the "fizz" into dull and sterile as hospital Sg. I know many don like him, but everyone has their weaknesses, as long as the guy in power is moving things that result in a better society I wouldn't worry about his bad side. I never liked his father, never will ever, I think LHL will do a much better job, and there will be rising strong opp. I am only disappointed he didn't clear all the dead wood, there's still a lot in his team.
Old 01-12-2011, 11:25 AM   #22
globalcookie
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spakase View Post
Nicole won votes more because of her fresh approach, a young girl daring to take on the establishment for the sake of change for better for the less fortunate, and a promise for more participation by the young. She comes across as a David vs Goliath, a lionheart. I think Nicole will score in the next GE.

At the rate the garment now doing things, there are sparks of garment engagement with changing people's opinion, like the ERP reduction during school hols, more trains, housing build up.

I actually like what LHL is doing to his team, he's a lot more focused than previous PMs. Everytime I look at the Sg skyline, I am reminded he is the guy who put the "fizz" into dull and sterile as hospital Sg.
Nicole Seah... she joined the wrong party. Hope the departure of their leader will help. They have no focus, no vision. That party is just a losely formed Opposition party. They didn't win any seats, they don't serve any win! If they look at WP's formula, it's a clear answer why WP won.

ERP reduction during school holidays has been going on for years, nothing changed.

LHL, i'm not convinced he did so much, I can't see any. A lot of things are not his doing, not his policy. I still didn't see him as, the 'fizz', I don't see anything except him engaging with the people more since GE, when he realised he'll be the worst PM in election result. Last GE, he said he did better than GCT. Really??
globalcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 11:33 AM   #23
therat
Arofanatic

Quote:
Last GE, he said he did better than GCT. Really??
I don't remember.
I only remember GE2006, when WP sent a team to AMK GRC. He laugh and say.. he can easy get 80% support in AMK GRC.

Result out.. 68%.
His face so black , force to smile.
therat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 11:36 AM   #24
AlvinLeong
Dragon

Dun retake lah.... now Aljunied GRC not bad mah..... went bedok north eat lunch there so peaceful and nice, everybody happy. Went Serangoon Gardens breakfast, all the rich people still happy and peaceful..... serangoon north people also happy happy.....
AlvinLeong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 12:06 PM   #25
therat
Arofanatic

yah lor.

Retake for what.
Here upgrade, There rebuild.

My block behind got 2 playground , now under reno.

I stay there since July 2010. This is the 2nd reno.
playground need so many reno one mah?????

Quality lao ya. That's why within 1 yr break down liao ar?

Then build a new office (with air con)for my MP. Install 1 TV outside but the picture is snow-picture. Not clear and alot of noisy.. sai sai one.
(No longer using PAP kindergarten place)

Yesterday, my 10 yrs old son ask me
Why they build so big office and only use for 1 night.
So WASTE.
Why they waste money like that. They very rich ah?

Last edited by therat; 01-12-2011 at 12:08 PM.
therat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 01:15 PM   #26
globalcookie
Dragon

They waste, tax payers money.... they can't break the habit. It's now in their blood to WASTE!
Old 01-12-2011, 02:23 PM   #27
Spakase

I think he left liao, Goh Meng Seng or something.
Old 01-12-2011, 03:09 PM   #28
globalcookie
Dragon

Yep, it's now Hazel Poa at the helm.
Old 01-12-2011, 07:55 PM   #29
loveikan
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by globalcookie View Post
Yep, it's now Hazel Poa at the helm.
Looking forward to see what the couple can come out with n the direction for the party.
loveikan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 11:35 AM   #30
satan_gal
Dragon

And the Kenna arrow is out...

http://www.straitstimes.com/Breaking...ry_740412.html

Lim Boon Heng 'to work on retaking Aljunied GRC'

The ruling party's fight to take back Aljunied GRC is on. To helm the task, it has roped in its former party chairman Lim Boon Heng.

Party sources told The Straits Times that Mr Lim, a former Cabinet minister and MP for Jurong GRC who left politics before the May General Election, has started recruiting People's Action Party (PAP) activists to join a task force to win the group representation constituency back from the Workers' Party.

He met a number of branch activists individually in October, said a source who was invited.

This activist was asked for his views on why Aljunied GRC 'fell' in the polls, taking with it two Cabinet ministers and one of the PAP's supposed fourth-generation leaders.
satan_gal is offline   Reply With Quote