Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Goldfish & Koi Forum

Old 07-08-2007, 12:55 PM   #91
yeemiau

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter porker View Post
Your diet mix should be the other way around. Pellets as main feed and bloodworms as a supplement.
Is there any reason why pallet should be main feed?

I know most Japanese uses bloodworm as the main diet, that's why I follow such way.

Thanks in advance.
Old 07-08-2007, 01:02 PM   #92
yeemiau

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitsilano View Post
Welcome bro Yeemiau. Welcome to the "Sarabat" communitiy here in AF Goldfish Section. Most of us started playing aros and somehow by fate end up also playing and enjoying goldfish.

Regards

Kitsilano
Dear Kitsilano,

Thanks.

Well, it is something once start and can't stop. Ranchu doesn't come with a handbrake....

Cheers.
Old 07-08-2007, 01:08 PM   #93
lohsinlong
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeemiau View Post

I know most Japanese uses bloodworm as the main diet, that's why I follow such way.

Thanks in advance.
r u keeping TVRs??? Coz wat i observe, TVRs hobbyists like to feed their TVRs with lots of bloodworm as the main diet while SVRs hobbyists like to feed their svrs with pellets....juz my little observations.
lohsinlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 01:10 PM   #94
peter porker

Quote:

Thanks in advance.
Well, I suppose it represents a more balanced diet to the fish and may be the better choice over BW-only diets, although with BW-only diets, I suppose the fish can be pumped up rather fast. One would also have to consider water management between the 2 types of diet although if you change water frequently, I don't think that would be a problem.

One forumer from RG commented that his juvenile fish that were on a BW-only diet died suddenly and when he did an autopsy, he found more-than-usual fatty deposits in the fish.

As much as the manufacturers would like you to think that BWs are completely sterile, I guess you must also consider where they come from or how they are bred.
Old 07-08-2007, 01:26 PM   #95
TVR

Quote:
Hi all,

I'm new here...

Cheers.
Hi yeemiau,
Welcome! Its great to have experience hobbyist joining us. Hope you have a nice time here!

Regards,
David Hou
TVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 01:28 PM   #96
yeemiau

Dear Lohsinlong,

Yup, I keep only Japanese Ranchu.

Dear Peter Poker,

It is true that water management is very very important and need close observation. Some water may turn bad even after 1-2 days after water change. My water able to last for maximum 4-5 days only.

In my opinion, pumping the fish too hard and lack of exercise will end up bad health. No point giving too much food yet can't digest properly too. So, the amount of food and exercise have to strike a balance. One point I must stress that too much pallet food is no good for the fish's liver.

Indeed, the frozen bloodworm manufacturer does not guarantee if the bloodworm is properly "cleaned" and normally, they are found in dirty places. Well, it is a risk to take but worth it. It is the same case back in Japan, but I guess they have a better quality control system.

Cheers.
Old 07-08-2007, 01:34 PM   #97
yeemiau

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVR View Post
Hi yeemiau,
Welcome! Its great to have experience hobbyist joining us. Hope you have a nice time here!

Regards,
David Hou
Hi David,

Thanks, I'm already enjoying my time here. I guess there's much thing to learn from you. Hope to see more update of your Tosai.

Cheers.
Old 07-08-2007, 01:54 PM   #98
TVR

Quote:
Hi David,

Thanks, I'm already enjoying my time here. I guess there's much thing to learn from you. Hope to see more update of your Tosai.

Cheers.
Hi yeemiau,
Hahaha................
Have heard alot about you guys, good chance to share and learn from you.

Cheers!
TVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 02:07 PM   #99
yeemiau

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVR View Post
Hi yeemiau,
Hahaha................
Have heard alot about you guys, good chance to share and learn from you.

Cheers!
David,

*eh, I pai seh leh....*
Likewise! Indeed, shall share more info! Sky is the limit....

P/s
Sorry for hijacking the thread on non-diet related "hello"s
Old 07-08-2007, 02:51 PM   #100
peter porker

Quote:
Dear Lohsinlong,

Yup, I keep only Japanese Ranchu.

Dear Peter Poker,

It is true that water management is very very important and need close observation. Some water may turn bad even after 1-2 days after water change. My water able to last for maximum 4-5 days only.

In my opinion, pumping the fish too hard and lack of exercise will end up bad health. No point giving too much food yet can't digest properly too. So, the amount of food and exercise have to strike a balance. One point I must stress that too much pallet food is no good for the fish's liver.

Indeed, the frozen bloodworm manufacturer does not guarantee if the bloodworm is properly "cleaned" and normally, they are found in dirty places. Well, it is a risk to take but worth it. It is the same case back in Japan, but I guess they have a better quality control system.

Cheers.
Well, all sorts of processed foods can't be good for the liver/kidneys.

Since you are into TVR, how does one strike a balance between exercise and amount of food?

Also, what is your method for cleansing bloodworms?

Regards,

Peter PoRker, not Poker