Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > The Guildhouse > Chatterbox

Old 24-04-2017, 10:40 AM   #41
tweety bird
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by satan_gal View Post
Should have GPS tracker la.... else how people find the bikes in 1st place? Is using GPS tracker ma.
ya hor ..than they don't have ppl monitoring the status of the bike.

like this one
tweety bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2017, 11:00 AM   #42
satan_gal
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweety bird View Post
ya hor ..than they don't have ppl monitoring the status of the bike.

like this one
Yup. So that's why they need a system to track and reward for damaged or stolen bikes.

Eg collect points for report made for discount or free rides.
Then u have people damaging bikes intentionally for the freebies.... which can be tracked by the frequency and validity of reports.
satan_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2017, 11:41 AM   #43
globalcookie
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohaku View Post
Hope this wave last a while, but i still see a bike with missing seat. Dunno the stupid guy who stole it for whatever reason.
Some ppl are born thieves.

(yea yea, i sound harsh or too critical/judgemental... but no better words to describe such idiots)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guppies Onli View Post
This few days passed by the Tampines Sun Plaza park the bicycle rental kiosk like close shop already. Dunno is it affected by these. It's so near to HDB where are these OFO bikes can be rented cheaply.

Think the East Coast park bike rental will also be affected.
Rental kiosk are in fixed location. These new bicycle rental thing is more convenient, can rent from anywhere you find it, park anywhere at the destination. Gives those permenant kiosk a run for their money.

East Coast... the bicycle rental isn't cheap. This new rental thing will hit East Coast hard. GOOD Change!
globalcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2017, 12:52 PM   #44
millenium
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by globalcookie View Post
Some ppl are born thieves.

(yea yea, i sound harsh or too critical/judgemental... but no better words to describe such idiots)

Rental kiosk are in fixed location. These new bicycle rental thing is more convenient, can rent from anywhere you find it, park anywhere at the destination. Gives those permenant kiosk a run for their money.

East Coast... the bicycle rental isn't cheap. This new rental thing will hit East Coast hard. GOOD Change!
Think this business model is not suitable for Singapore. At my place got some on roadside at park.they mess up the place. And, those that throw the bike into the drain may not be the ones that rented it or bring it home and hide indoors, who to enforce the law?

This bike no gear. East Coast bikes are good quality for fast cycling.
millenium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2017, 06:46 PM   #45
Kohaku
Dragon

Let them try. If they believe this business model does not work here, why does a local big company invest in it. Waste money or they see potential money making business here?

I believe the first to close shop is bicycle rental shops or they are the ones making the most noise and actions as their business is affected. Just see how it progress as earlier trails at Bukit Batok ceased.

Maybe after a few months other companies follow suit and setup other bicycle rental business and soon more follows? Just see the how this progress.
Kohaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2017, 12:03 AM   #46
Ong88

Prof SK Ong

Every day see one abandoned bike.

Just because it's a bad idea doesn't mean it won't be a good time.
Use imgur for your photos sharing
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...m.imgur.mobile
Ong88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2017, 12:48 AM   #47
burntrubber
Dragon

I think one joker in my block has a secret fetish for these bikes. Every evening there will be a new addition to his collection at the void deck. There are now 7 as of the moment. Parked everywhere
burntrubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2017, 09:28 AM   #48
foxwagon
Dragon

How do they clock return at the rental stations? They need to review this to reduce thefts.
foxwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2017, 09:41 AM   #49
millenium
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxwagon View Post
How do they clock return at the rental stations? They need to review this to reduce thefts.
The law has to be looked look into is this affect the tidiness of our city or not?

A worse case I can think of is some rent the bike and abandoned in the nature reserve track. Next thing another dump it in the reservoir.

Last edited by millenium; 26-04-2017 at 09:43 AM.
millenium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2017, 09:51 AM   #50
satan_gal
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by burntrubber View Post
I think one joker in my block has a secret fetish for these bikes. Every evening there will be a new addition to his collection at the void deck. There are now 7 as of the moment. Parked everywhere
Maybe he is only using them 1 way. Eg from MRT to under HDB block, nxt day take co transport/cab to work.
And nobody uses them from under the blk to anywhere... so the number just keeps piling up
satan_gal is offline   Reply With Quote