Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > AroReefers > Equipment/DIY discussion

Old 07-04-2006, 11:54 AM   #1
barra_sg

Default Sander Ozonizer & Pinpoint ORP monitor

Hi,

Can anyone advice where can I get the Sander C50 Ozonizer and what will the cost be like?

Also does anyone have the pricing for the Pinpoint ORP monitor (not the controller)

Thanks a million
Old 07-04-2006, 10:45 PM   #2
nim75sg

I think the Sander C50 is about $300 and the PinPoint ORP monitor $200 but just take this as a guideline as the pricing may varies from one shop to another.

You can get them from PetMart or C328.
Old 08-04-2006, 05:55 PM   #3
lyz77

Try Reef Depot!
Old 26-04-2006, 04:54 PM   #4
atom

Just got a sander c100 today and a first time user. From what I gather from fellow bros here that it is recommended to start at a low value - about 10mg for a couple of days. My question is how to set at 10mg when there is not indicator on the rheostat? Tks in advance.
Old 26-04-2006, 10:57 PM   #5
GoldfisHub
Arofanatic

Hi Bro, where is reef depot har?
GoldfisHub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2006, 06:20 PM   #6
nim75sg

Quote:
Originally Posted by atom
Just got a sander c100 today and a first time user. From what I gather from fellow bros here that it is recommended to start at a low value - about 10mg for a couple of days. My question is how to set at 10mg when there is not indicator on the rheostat? Tks in advance.
Just wondering if you got a 1000 litres tank because that is what the C100 is capable of. If not, this is an overkill even for a 6ft tank.

For 10mg/h, just turn the control knob to about one tenth of a fully clockwise turn.

Btw, you should use a ORP controller and set the setpoint at 350mV or at least a ORP monitor to verify the current mV reading of the tank.

In addition, don't forget to use activated carbon at the last stage before the water is return back to the main tank.

Have fun.
Old 30-04-2006, 06:22 PM   #7
nim75sg

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldfisHub
Hi Bro, where is reef depot har?
Sim Min Plaza ...
Old 30-04-2006, 09:44 PM   #8
atom

Quote:
Originally Posted by nim75sg
Just wondering if you got a 1000 litres tank because that is what the C100 is capable of. If not, this is an overkill even for a 6ft tank.

For 10mg/h, just turn the control knob to about one tenth of a fully clockwise turn.

Btw, you should use a ORP controller and set the setpoint at 350mV or at least a ORP monitor to verify the current mV reading of the tank.

In addition, don't forget to use activated carbon at the last stage before the water is return back to the main tank.

Have fun.
Ooops! Actually suppose to get C50 but the guy at petmart said that the price difference between C50 n C100 only $30 n so ended with C100. Already got the ORP controller fm aqua-medic. My tank is only 522 n fw type. Intended to hook up to air-stone driven skimmer for the last stage as acitvated carbon is not recommended for aero setup. Will this do?

Thanks for your advice n sorry to post it here as not many people uses them in the FW section. In fact the equipment is still lying around until I can get sufficient info n courage to set it up.
Old 02-05-2006, 11:43 AM   #9
nim75sg

Quote:
Originally Posted by atom
Ooops! Actually suppose to get C50 but the guy at petmart said that the price difference between C50 n C100 only $30 n so ended with C100. Already got the ORP controller fm aqua-medic. My tank is only 522 n fw type. Intended to hook up to air-stone driven skimmer for the last stage as acitvated carbon is not recommended for aero setup. Will this do?

Thanks for your advice n sorry to post it here as not many people uses them in the FW section. In fact the equipment is still lying around until I can get sufficient info n courage to set it up.
Not recommended to run O3 with activated carbon as any excess O3 back to the main tank is not safe for any livestock. Over exposure to O3 will cause fataliities.

I am presuming that you're dosing O3 at the centre compartment of the sump and that's the case then place some activated carbon (replace monthly) at the return compartment (where the return pump is) to "absord" any stray O3.

IMHO, deploying chemical filtration with the use of activated carbon will not affect affect any freshwater setup irrespective of the livestock ie goldfish, aro, tiger, etc.
Old 02-05-2006, 08:41 PM   #10
atom

Quote:
Originally Posted by nim75sg
Not recommended to run O3 with activated carbon as any excess O3 back to the main tank is not safe for any livestock. Over exposure to O3 will cause fataliities.

I am presuming that you're dosing O3 at the centre compartment of the sump and that's the case then place some activated carbon (replace monthly) at the return compartment (where the return pump is) to "absord" any stray O3.

IMHO, deploying chemical filtration with the use of activated carbon will not affect affect any freshwater setup irrespective of the livestock ie goldfish, aro, tiger, etc.
Actually planning to place in the return compartment. Trying out late tonight n c how it goes. Anyway, the existing orp reading is already 385 n rising even without using sanders. I guess it is the sanders will only be activated occasionally.