Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Goldfish & Koi Forum

Old 10-11-2002, 01:15 AM   #1
Username

Question Orange head oranda

I found a orange head oranda among a tank full of red capped oranda. Will it stays permanent in this colour or it is a red capped oranda except the colour haven't come?
Old 10-11-2002, 01:29 AM   #2
Xerovix

i believe what you have seen is a red cap oranda losing its colour. btw, which LFS did you went to?
Old 10-11-2002, 01:47 AM   #3
Username

I went to Pet Safari. The tank got a few ranchus and alot of red capped. Then only one is orange. Got 2 small ranchus wah piang the eyes kenna bitten off. Bedok LFS near Bedok 85 also red capped.
Old 10-11-2002, 05:10 PM   #4
Xerovix

how's the red cap over at these two places... flat wen? size of fish?

Quote:
Originally posted by Username
I went to Pet Safari. The tank got a few ranchus and alot of red capped. Then only one is orange. Got 2 small ranchus wah piang the eyes kenna bitten off. Bedok LFS near Bedok 85 also red capped.
Old 10-11-2002, 06:32 PM   #5
Username

Pet Safari's red capped is bigger. Bedok one is using some medication so i don't dare to buy. You can go Pet Safari to have a look. Selling lots of stuff and fishes over there. It's located at Simei East Point.
Old 10-11-2002, 07:51 PM   #6
Xerovix

thanks.

mi looking for those around 2.5". went to Mainland(no. 1 pasir ris farmway 1) yesterday... they are either too small or too big... and with some deads floating around... so went back empty handed. btw, some of the red cap oranda have developed wen... you may wish to take a look there.

Quote:
Originally posted by Username
Pet Safari's red capped is bigger. Bedok one is using some medication so i don't dare to buy. You can go Pet Safari to have a look. Selling lots of stuff and fishes over there. It's located at Simei East Point.
Old 13-11-2002, 11:49 PM   #7
Xerovix

just went to Long Hu and bought 2 red capped oranda for $4 each... about 2.5" in length from head to tail.

the wen are larger but spine is smooth and not raise type. infact i do notice that most LFS red capped oranda with raise spin have a almost flat wen.

saw one with a largest wen unfortunately it is a one eyed jack.