Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > The Guildhouse > Chatterbox > Singapore Politics

Old 14-04-2016, 12:52 AM   #41
manakoleng
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by millenium View Post
As the chief of ministry of environment, he has at least two much more pressing problems to solve. 1) littering/rubbish and 2) mosquito/dengue to solve. So far I dun see much improvement.

Drought problem is less pressing as we already have have certain means like distilling water from sea water and new water tech to cope.

U forgot another one ... RATS !
manakoleng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 09:52 PM   #42
globalcookie
Dragon

Not necessary to conduct water rationing exercise for homes: Masagos
POSTED: 09 May 2016 15:07 UPDATED: 09 May 2016 15:51

Students at Elias Park Primary School in a water rationing exercise. (Photo: Masagos Zulkifli's Facebook page)

A
A
SINGAPORE: It is not necessary to conduct water rationing exercises for households at the moment, as there are already other outreach programmes to educate the public on water conservation, Environment and Water Resources Minister Masagos Zulkifli said in Parliament on Monday (May 9).

Outreach programmes are already being conducted in schools and at the community level, said Mr Masagos, in response to a question from MP Chong Kee Hiong (Bishan-Toa Payoh GRC).

“While we have planned ahead to ensure that our water supply is adequate, we need to enhance our resilience against the uncertainties brought about by climate change. Encouraging prudent use of water is an important thrust in this effort,” he said.

For example, a smart homes trial in Yuhua will provide households with hourly water consumption data and water saving tips, and alert them on anomalies in water usage.

As for the wider community, PUB has been carrying out extensive outreach and educational programmes, Mr Masagos said. Water efficiency labelling and minimum standards have also been mandated to help consumers make more informed purchasing decisions and adopt water-efficient fittings and appliances.

Water conservation is included in the social studies syllabus for Primary 3 students, while national water agency PUB collaborated with five schools to conduct water rationing exercises this year, to reinforce the value of water and inculcate the habit of saving water.

The responsibility of water conservation does not fall on homes alone, and businesses must also play their part, he said. Large water users in the non-domestic sector now have to submit their Water Efficiency Management Plan, and PUB will study the data collected to explore the potential for water efficiency benchmarks and good practice guidelines for the different sectors, he said.

“All of us have to do our part to conserve water. This way, our water resources can last longer. Every effort counts, and collectively, the amount of water saved will be significant.”
- CNA/cy

--------

"not necessary to conduct water rationing exercises for households at the moment"

If not for e recent monsoon rain, which can get very heavy,and that it filled e reservoirs, our water level was getting to a uncomfortable low.
globalcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2016, 08:41 PM   #43
VRISCHIKA™
Senior Dragon

To be he is not fit to be a minister. Period and full stop.
VRISCHIKA™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 09:29 PM   #44
millenium
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by VRISCHIKA™ View Post
To be he is not fit to be a minister. Period and full stop.
Is he still minister of environment?
millenium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 10:28 PM   #45
hkh
Arofanatic

Quote:
Is he still minister of environment?
Yes.........
hkh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 11:50 PM   #46
millenium
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkh View Post
Yes.........
My estate when I see rubbish that can stagnant water, I report to them once they come clear one time. If I Dun report they hack care.
Old 02-09-2016, 10:05 AM   #47
dragon888
Arofanatic

Quote:
My estate when I see rubbish that can stagnant water, I report to them once they come clear one time. If I Dun report they hack care.
their action is never pro-active.....always reactive.......perhaps only thing that is pro-active is raise price in almost everything.....
dragon888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 04:58 PM   #48
hkh
Arofanatic

Quote:
Where are all the Town Council inspectors ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon888 View Post
their action is never pro-active.....always reactive.......perhaps only thing that is pro-active is raise price in almost everything.....
They keep building more and more facilities and bring in more people........but fail to increase their resources to manage them..........
Old 03-09-2016, 03:29 PM   #49
millenium
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkh View Post
Yes.........
Bro, I just happened to see. Minister for nea is masango, Vivian now I remember is doing foreign affair.
Old 03-09-2016, 06:00 PM   #50
hkh
Arofanatic

Quote:
Bro, I just happened to see. Minister for nea is masango, Vivian now I remember is doing foreign affair.
Oh......thanks for your updates.........