Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Planted Tanks & Aquascaping Forum > Aquascaping Showcase / Journals

Old 30-01-2005, 05:19 PM   #21
gregorsamsa

Default furthe update

More or less this will be the confirm plants used. hopefully it will grow well. i cant seem to place rocks or wood in my tank 'cause i dont think i have enough space. Will wait another 2 weeks for the plants to grow more before trimming
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1285.JPG (44.0 KB, 417 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1294.JPG (46.1 KB, 420 views)
Old 23-02-2005, 11:49 AM   #22
gregorsamsa

Default last update

hey,

sorry for the poor pics(before after pics).

it has been 8 weeks since the last update. Dosing has changed to 3x a week of micros, 1/8 teaspoon of KNO3 and rice grain of KH2PO4. Algae occurs on/off on the walls due to my poor estimation of the above amounts.

lighting remains the same, just that on hindsight, i should have gotten 3x20watts(not readily available) or at least 3 x 18 watts. My 4x15watts because of its shortness, plants converge to the center.

The tank has become a nursery comprising glosso, riccia, e. stelletas, HC (very new) blyxa japonica, D. Diandra Rotala (Macandra green?) L. Aromatica.
On the outskirts (where my lights font fully cover) are teneluss and some crypts. only my ludwigia pantanal aint doing that fab.

You can see the canopy formed by the stem blocks out the lgiht below.

Will tear the whole thing apart and proceed with rescaping as soon as possible.

cheers
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture(14).jpg (26.5 KB, 378 views)
File Type: jpg Picture(12).jpg (22.2 KB, 382 views)
Old 24-02-2005, 12:47 AM   #23
dkk08
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregorsamsa
hey,

sorry for the poor pics(before after pics).

it has been 8 weeks since the last update. Dosing has changed to 3x a week of micros, 1/8 teaspoon of KNO3 and rice grain of KH2PO4. Algae occurs on/off on the walls due to my poor estimation of the above amounts.

lighting remains the same, just that on hindsight, i should have gotten 3x20watts(not readily available) or at least 3 x 18 watts. My 4x15watts because of its shortness, plants converge to the center.

The tank has become a nursery comprising glosso, riccia, e. stelletas, HC (very new) blyxa japonica, D. Diandra Rotala (Macandra green?) L. Aromatica.
On the outskirts (where my lights font fully cover) are teneluss and some crypts. only my ludwigia pantanal aint doing that fab.

You can see the canopy formed by the stem blocks out the lgiht below.

Will tear the whole thing apart and proceed with rescaping as soon as possible.

cheers
that's nice greg, esp since u're only using 4x18w, n u can manage to acheive that effect
well if u're rescaping n have any spare plants do lemme know, might wanna "adopt" some
dkk08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2005, 02:30 AM   #24
blurrblurr

You using 4*18w FL For your 2ft? Don't you find it take up a lot of space for your tank and glosso always grow tall? Maybe you might want to try using 2*36W PL instead. The light intensity is much better and last longer than FL. I've tried FL on glosso but almost every mths the glosso will start to grow tall. only after I change to PL the glosso grow thick instead of tall.
Old 24-02-2005, 05:36 AM   #25
gregorsamsa

im using 4x15 watt fluro.

the glosso creeps. what you see growing up is actually layers of glosso left in place. its at least three layers