Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Freshwater Invertebrates Forum

Old 05-05-2011, 05:15 PM   #31
eviltrain

Quote:
Originally Posted by fengshui fish View Post
i have silicon the 1" plastic divider onto the inner face of the tank....
hope silicon (chemical) is shrimp safe....
ahhh.. its a nice method too. BUT you will need to hold the plastic divider towards the inner side of the glass for an hour or so for the silicon to dry. if not. the whole partition will create a huge mess inside your tank.

this time i just use soft air tube method even for my soil partition as i found out the silicon i use for previous project dries up liao. hee hee.

not tight enough just add more air tunings lor.

by the way, my acrylic partition is measured 29x28 . 29cm is just nice the inner width of the tank. i just cut 2 air tube and slit one side. slot in nicely and not in weird angle.

Last edited by eviltrain; 05-05-2011 at 05:20 PM.
Old 05-05-2011, 05:38 PM   #32
goody992828

Quote:
Originally Posted by eviltrain View Post
ahhh.. its a nice method too. BUT you will need to hold the plastic divider towards the inner side of the glass for an hour or so for the silicon to dry. if not. the whole partition will create a huge mess inside your tank.

this time i just use soft air tube method even for my soil partition as i found out the silicon i use for previous project dries up liao. hee hee.

by the way, my acrylic partition is measured 29x28 . 29cm is just nice the inner width of the tank. i just cut 2 air tube and slit one side. slot in nicely and not in weird angle.

Hey hey that what I did to my new 2ft tank with partition in the center..... woohoo, tank you master for confirming this method......

I did extra by cutting one round hole at the upper rear and then seal it up with 4 layer of net with silicon. Later will cut an opening and stuff my rain bar thru it.

Last edited by goody992828; 05-05-2011 at 05:41 PM.
Old 05-05-2011, 05:43 PM   #33
fengshui fish

Quote:

ya, i used industrial tapes to hold 1" divider while waited for silicon to dry for 2 days....
after drying, i tested the dividers by gently shaking it... it seems tight enuff...
tank in cyclying now, dividers still in place... hope it's okie.

i tried air tubes b4, but dun like the look and water can't flow thru easily...
anyway, i reckon net is easier and better as water can flow thru....
Old 05-05-2011, 05:44 PM   #34
eviltrain

Quote:
Originally Posted by goody992828 View Post
Hey hey that what I did to my new 2ft tank with partition in the center..... woohoo, tank you master for confirming this method......

I did extra by cutting one round hole at the upper rear and then seal it up with 4 layer of net with silicon. Later will cut an opening and stuff my rain bar thru it.
me no master. me noobie
Old 05-05-2011, 05:54 PM   #35
Koji™
Account Disabled

See liao hand also itchy to divide my tank.
Koji™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 06:06 PM   #36
eviltrain

Quote:
Originally Posted by fengshui fish View Post
ya, i used industrial tapes to hold 1" divider while waited for silicon to dry for 2 days....
after drying, i tested the dividers by gently shaking it... it seems tight enuff...
tank in cyclying now, dividers still in place... hope it's okie.

i tried air tubes b4, but dun like the look and water can't flow thru easily...
anyway, i reckon net is easier and better as water can flow thru....
hee hee, hopefully the netting won't sag over time wor. hee hee

bro kuji~ dun think, just do it~
Old 05-05-2011, 06:33 PM   #37
fengshui fish

Quote:

ya, hope so too...
will update pics when free
Old 05-05-2011, 07:40 PM   #38
Koji™
Account Disabled

Quote:

You majiam want me to keep changing my tank's setup sia... Back breaking one leh for an old man like me...
Koji™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 09:46 PM   #39
Fishyfishchan
Dragon

Bro eviltrain,

Can check the size of the tank you are using?

Ask this question as the amount of soil you use is 6 litres and how do we know whether how much soil is enough for a particular setup.
Fishyfishchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 09:59 PM   #40
eviltrain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishyfishchan View Post
Bro eviltrain,

Can check the size of the tank you are using?

Ask this question as the amount of soil you use is 6 litres and how do we know whether how much soil is enough for a particular setup.
haha, very easy one. we use litres in fish tank for volume. example, my tank is 60*30*36=64.8 cm3 also 64.8 litres. if i need to fill this tank with ada ii soil, i will need 64.8 litres of soil.

another example, if you need to calculate like 6 cm thick of soil in a 60*30*35 cm tank. you just take 60*30*6= 10.8 litres of soil. like that you will need a 9 litre and a 2 litre packet of soil to get your desire soil height.