Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Planted Tanks & Aquascaping Forum

Old 25-05-2014, 11:56 AM   #1
cheapsale

Default planning 522 to go planted

Planning to convert 522 into planted. Any bro has suggestion for this size of tank? Browsing around for landscape. Dont like those highly dense forestry look prefer plain natural am considering to have plants on both sides and some pathway in center with some rocks. Livestock will be tetra and shrimps. Will tetra disturb my shrimp?

DW may not be my choice unless with mosses or ferns around for greenery look. Will be running on canister using lowflow rate pump connected to uv. Any suggestion or pictures to share would be good. Thanks bro
Old 25-05-2014, 06:12 PM   #2
peanut8787
Arofanatic

For this kind of 2ft height, you will have to use very high intense lighting etc MH to grow plant. However if you are using those normal T5/T8 den go for those low light dependable plant etc moss, fern. A very big project of 522 planted I would say.
peanut8787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2014, 06:54 PM   #3
Clamence
Arofanatic

Depends on what tetra u keep, larger ones like congo tetra would most probably eat your shrimp, but for such a large tank, larger fishes would look better or else very big shoal of smaller fishes should be good too. This refers to those smaller shrimps like cherry and goldbacks. However, you need not worry about using yamato shrimps as they are rather large. Good luck on the setup, hope to see the progress of the tank

Old 26-05-2014, 09:41 AM   #4
cheapsale

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut8787 View Post
For this kind of 2ft height, you will have to use very high intense lighting etc MH to grow plant. However if you are using those normal T5/T8 den go for those low light dependable plant etc moss, fern. A very big project of 522 planted I would say.
Yes going for low dependent plants. May not go for co2. Other than fern and mosses and other recomendation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clamence View Post
Depends on what tetra u keep, larger ones like congo tetra would most probably eat your shrimp, but for such a large tank, larger fishes would look better or else very big shoal of smaller fishes should be good too. This refers to those smaller shrimps like cherry and goldbacks. However, you need not worry about using yamato shrimps as they are rather large. Good luck on the setup, hope to see the progress of the tank

Yes its those normal small tetra and having cherry shrimp. Tired of big fish downgraded fish size. Can having few hubdreds of them

Old 26-05-2014, 01:11 PM   #5
astroboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut8787 View Post
What lighting would you suggest, what intensity and brands
Is mh the only option?