Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Freshwater Invertebrates Forum > Articles, Resources & FAQs

Old 24-02-2007, 02:11 AM   #11
Skipjackies

Sorry wanted to ask is there any problem when the shrimps swim at the water surface once in a while like they wanted to crawl of the tank. I have started this tank with shrimp for abt a month before that I was keep tetra. Very new to keeping shrimp.
Temp 25-26deg
PH 6.2-6.5
GH 4-5
Water change done every three days 10%
Old 26-02-2007, 01:13 AM   #12
silane
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skipjackies View Post
Sorry wanted to ask is there any problem when the shrimps swim at the water surface once in a while like they wanted to crawl of the tank. I have started this tank with shrimp for abt a month before that I was keep tetra. Very new to keeping shrimp.
Temp 25-26deg
PH 6.2-6.5
GH 4-5
Water change done every three days 10%
You water quality is bad, lower the water level so they will not crawl out, at the same time, try to improve the water quality.

If they try to crawl after a water change, that could mean you do not use decholrinated water.
silane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2007, 11:34 AM   #13
Skipjackies

Quote:
Originally Posted by silane View Post
You water quality is bad, lower the water level so they will not crawl out, at the same time, try to improve the water quality.

If they try to crawl after a water change, that could mean you do not use decholrinated water.
Water level now lowered 10%. For WC always the water will be added with miniumum amount anti chlorine and aged for one day before using. Is it nitrofin anti chlorine bad for them?
Old 26-02-2007, 10:13 PM   #14
silane
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skipjackies View Post
Water level now lowered 10%. For WC always the water will be added with miniumum amount anti chlorine and aged for one day before using. Is it nitrofin anti chlorine bad for them?

I am using Nutrofin Plus, it is fine.

Also like what betta_zoid87 said in another thread, your water parameter may be at the extreme end, you may want to check that/
silane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2007, 12:20 AM   #15
Skipjackies

Quote:

Also like what betta_zoid87 said in another thread, your water parameter may be at the extreme end, you may want to check that/
Sure thanks for the advice
Old 08-03-2007, 04:26 PM   #16
weesy74

Quote:

Any one using Nutrafin Clear Particulate in tanks with CRS? My new tank with ADA Amaziona is always smokey on the top part.
Old 08-03-2007, 10:41 PM   #17
eeeeemo

anyone has algae/dirt bits in the outlet pipe dat makes the output once in awhile spit out the dirt??? wonder if crs likes them.. cuz dey r an eyesore for me.....
Old 24-05-2007, 05:15 PM   #18
el993

Very interesting thread.
May I ask how to increase gH to about 4dH if our tap water is only 1dH while maintain tank water pH unchanged @6.7?

Tank pH=6.7, dH=2 (TDS 110), kH=4
Tap water pH=7.8, dH=1, kH=2
What will happen doing 50% WC?

If adding limestones TDS of my tank water increased from 110 to 118 within an hour and I noticed kH also being pulled up.

Thank you.
Old 24-05-2007, 05:38 PM   #19
taygu
Arofanatic

Have a newbie question, if the PH is 6.2 to 6.4 and ammonia is zero, what would be the possible reason if cherry shrimp keep disappearing in the tank?

Ok, I have 2 apisto Tri in the tank with some tetra and pencils..
taygu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2007, 02:28 AM   #20
PLee

I think you open the stomach of the Apisto and find the skeleton inside !!!