Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Freshwater Invertebrates Forum

Old 31-03-2009, 12:27 AM   #21
Ningning
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by silane View Post
why would one want to put xxx shrimp with yyy shrimp? It seems to me only newbies want to do that, they want to demostrate their fish com skills into shrimps??

Of course u can put zzz and aaa shrimp together, the question is how long they can be together, 3 days, 3 months or 3 years?

Or you mean they will hybrid if to put them together, and that is a concern for you?

Or you dont know what you are asking????
Its just an example of such of a stupid question. apologises if i did not specify earlier.

im not very interested in if they will hybrid or not. im more interested that if i ask such a dense question without first searching for the answer, will aaa shrimp kill zzz shrimp or can they co-exist as i remember reading in this forum about more agressive shrimps.

will it be too idiotic to clarify or shld i do the unthinkably stupid thing and try? of coz not right...

Quote:
I am very surprised to see blame no such list around and hence a newbie keep CRS and sulawesi together.

Ask yourself before keeping shrimps, where are they from, lake or creek or river, and which country. You will have an idea of what type of enviroment they are in.

And for comm crs and sulawesi shrimp, it is not the first time people failed, just do a search, they are at least 3 cases, that is not enough to warn people? Or need AVA to put post like educating people on responsbility of keep a rabbit or terrapine?

I can say, shrimps are too cheap here, shrimps are too easy accessible, people here will just buy and try, dont bother to find out more on how to keep them before buying them. When shrimps died, they requested for spoon feed info. If there is such info, shrimps will be as cheap as brine shrimps and wouldn't they subject to more mishandle??

It all voice down to shrimp price, if shrimps are price of like in Europe or America, see if anyone will keep them without bother to find out how to keep them. For case of Sulawesi, we are so forunate to get them cheaply and supply is abundant, desperate hobbyists from Europe and America wanted these shrimps so badly and they got cheated by an online shrimp site.
to my defense. i did not blame. i did not argue. i merely suggested it might be helpful to those who are getting shrimps on impulse to have a simple chart or handbook if you will, to reduce the chance of killing shrimps by mixing different shrimps with different needs together.

why i stated the example of the case of xxx shrimp and yyy shrimp together was because of a very very recent incident of such happenings only to be resolved by him giving his shrimps away. neither did i want to pinpoint tt incident to ensure tt i did not cause the misinformed guy more embarressment to his apparent mistake. yes... its my mistake for saying its my "stupid example question" without being clearer. my fault.

i know what im asking or at least what im stating. dun get me wrong, im nt being offensive but its kinda scary to join a forum yet get "shot" down by a vetern like you.

im sorry if i offended u. it was never my intention.

Last edited by Ningning; 31-03-2009 at 12:51 AM.
Ningning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2009, 12:47 AM   #22
3enson

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheetf View Post
Firstly I hope you would post in proper spelling, it is a real pain reading this sms lingo.

You are right, this is a place to post something about shrimp. However, the mentality of having to be spoon fed is not right, might as well somebody rear the shrimp for you. I am sure that the bros here would appreciate it more if you asked questions after you had done some research.

I would also like you to ask bro globalcookie, how difficult was it to gather the information that he put together? You mean to tell me that it is too much of an effort for you to do what he did? If so keeping shrimp might be too difficult for you.

You have said that asking people with experience is better than reading stuff that you don't know is right or wrong. My question is 'how do you know that the person is telling you the truth?' Isn't it better you read up AND ask the experienced people and from there gather your own conclusions.

Lastly, I am more than happy to share whatever knowledge that I have gathered just not with people who are too lazy to find things out and expect to be spoonfed.
Ok. Will spell them in a proper manner since i hurt you.

Ya, it's my fault that i didn't state about what i have done on web reserch. Because i didn't know there's people like you that is so particular about my post, since its a hobby, everyone here would be more than happy to share. Thank for your concern. But don't assume what you think is what i did. As you don't even know me. i did my reading before this.

And for the part you say that bro globalcookie is spoon feeding me i don't really agree. For people like globalcookie that have the capacity to answer my question it maybe just something basic for him. But i gain alot from it. i appreciate your effort globalcookie.

As for knowing someone is telling e truth or not? Like you say i can gather them and execute what i have gather. i did my reading so now i'm gathering info from friendly member over here?

Lastly i'm more than happy to absorb any relevant knowledge shared willingly by the mate over here than those that have the negative thought about sharing as spoon feed.
Old 31-03-2009, 02:01 AM   #23
silane
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ningning View Post
Its just an example of such of a stupid question. apologises if i did not specify earlier.

im not very interested in if they will hybrid or not. im more interested that if i ask such a dense question without first searching for the answer, will aaa shrimp kill zzz shrimp or can they co-exist as i remember reading in this forum about more agressive shrimps.

will it be too idiotic to clarify or shld i do the unthinkably stupid thing and try? of coz not right...

to my defense. i did not blame. i did not argue. i merely suggested it might be helpful to those who are getting shrimps on impulse to have a simple chart or handbook if you will, to reduce the chance of killing shrimps by mixing different shrimps with different needs together.

why i stated the example of the case of xxx shrimp and yyy shrimp together was because of a very very recent incident of such happenings only to be resolved by him giving his shrimps away. neither did i want to pinpoint tt incident to ensure tt i did not cause the misinformed guy more embarressment to his apparent mistake. yes... its my mistake for saying its my "stupid example question" without being clearer. my fault.

i know what im asking or at least what im stating. dun get me wrong, im nt being offensive but its kinda scary to join a forum yet get "shot" down by a vetern like you.

im sorry if i offended u. it was never my intention.
Dont worry, I am not offended in any way. I have seen all sort of cases everyday, people buzz me in MSN, over email and PMs.

I dont shoot people down, because I am a mod, I would have shot people down, if I am not a mod.

Wouldnt it be more scary for a shrimp to die then being shot down by vetern? I wish I can shot down by a vetern 100 times and he can tell me how to prevent my shrimps from dying.
silane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2009, 10:00 AM   #24
globalcookie
Dragon

There's one thing I do appreciate from both Ning n 3enson as compared to some others new to shrimps. Both of them are trying to find out more before they start, which is being responsible. While we have seen some others just testing out shrimp keeping w/o giving a care if shrimps are living things or what.

Whatever it is, to the both of you, do not let this small issue seems like a deterrent. Every sub-forum has it's own set of rules and tolerence level. It's not that we are harsh to new hobbyist, but we have seen a lot of irresponsible pple here, we have seen pple who doesn't bother to do their homework but expects to be spoonfed.

Not to say further. Let this past and enjoy shrimp keeping. It's more challenging than fishes, as shrimps are known to be very sensitive.
globalcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2009, 09:41 PM   #25
3enson

yup yup! 2 more weeks to go... than i can see shrimp swimming in my tank liao... ^^ now ph level is 7 liao... A big thankz to all e bros n sis that share their experience n info over here...

Happy Shrimping ^^