Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Freshwater Invertebrates Forum > Articles, Resources & FAQs

Old 28-06-2008, 11:23 PM   #71
kian_john
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by afai View Post
hi my shrimps dont seem to eat the food i give to them and would like to try mosura shrimp food..my question is does anyone know where i can get them in the east cos ive been to several shops and they don sell them thanks
Petmart at Serangoon North Blk 151 is selling Mosura products also, buy Food comes with free Mineral Plus
kian_john is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2008, 10:28 AM   #72
afai

thanks bro will check it out today
Old 08-07-2008, 10:40 PM   #73
afai

hi i would like to ask if there is a need to use liquid fert if im injecting co2 in my tank with abt 2wpg of light and im keeping fissidens and some other mosses...and if i need to dose ferts can anyone reccomend a shrimp safe fert thanks
Old 08-07-2008, 11:17 PM   #74
el993

Don't use fert as it contains copper (cu) it kills your shrimps. I dosed S7 also kena.
Old 15-07-2008, 01:15 AM   #75
afai

ok thanks bro
Old 07-09-2008, 11:43 AM   #76
kendrick_86
User Under Moderation

Default help, baby crs all wiped out

Recently, i had three pregnant crs in my 2 feet tank. All of them carried their eggs well and gave birth to lots of baby crs. Many of them varying from Grade A to Hino. However, the population of the babies kept on decreasing day by day. To the extend that i only have one baby shrimp left as when i checked just now. It's really very saddening. Seeing so many babies being reduced to only one r two. This is already the second time i encountered this problem.. I still can't find a solution for it.

I can also see some planaria in my tank. Hence, when my 3 crs were pregnant, i got 5 pregnant sakura as well. As i was hoping for the planaria to prey on it, hence increasing chances of survivor fr my crs. The sakura gave birth first, followed, by my crs.

I was able to see that there were even number of babies. However, as the days goes by, the population of crs babies kept decreasing.

I perform 10% water change weekly and feed them nce in 2-3 days. Only have two ottos with them in my 2 ft tank, maintained with chiller at 25deg. I feed them with crs pellets in my 2 ft planted tank, with Hc and hairgrass and 4 pieces of driftwoods for them t hide.

Any experieced shrimp breeder can help me come up with a solution, i would appreciate it. Thank you.
kendrick_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2008, 09:37 AM   #77
el993

This is the reason why high grade CRS so expensive, they are too much sensitive than others.
IMO, babies survial rate if > 50% is excellent otherwise in months time everyone will become professional breeder.

High NO3 is killer, if plants are healthy certainly can reduce certain percentage of nitrate and toxic but require very tedious maintenance routine to keep plants healthy without deficiency and algae, control lighting makes it easier. Keep water chemistry absolutely constant all the time especially having babies in tank; ph drift more than 0.3, temperature +- more than 1.5C, and oxidized trace are killer.

You should concentrate well treat your source water before water change, supplement minerals and find a way to remove toxic. I find that MineralPlus and Old Sea Mud rock in powder form once dissolved in water performs magic wonder. Again, no 2 tanks are identical, solution work for this may not work for other.

Good luck and happy shrimp keeping.
Old 01-09-2009, 04:07 PM   #78
karlyau
Arofanatic

hi may i know where can i buy mosura shrimp food? ytd i went down to C328 but couldn't find this product.

anyone know the price for this product?

Thank.
karlyau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 06:28 PM   #79
magpie
Arofanatic

C328 do have mosura food, it is placed in the wooden shelves just beside the counter there, right behind the betta tanks. You can ask the uncle or aunt if you ean't find.
magpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 06:59 PM   #80
karlyau
Arofanatic

ok thank ... do you know the price for this item?

thank again
karlyau is offline   Reply With Quote