Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > Arowana Forum > Arowana Discussion

Old 17-01-2012, 10:26 AM   #21
EdgarPerez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindwurmx View Post
Also got one more method to add on.

I haven't tried this method before and have not much experience in comming aros but read this article before.

Because your silver was the first aro into your tank and has been there before the other two it has claimed that as it's 'territory' hence aggression towards the newly introduced aros.

Same for the latter addition of your new black.

What some bros have tried is to bag out all your aros into separate bags and then later reintroduce them into the tank at the same time. This kindda makes them think that its a new space and because all of the go in the same time hopefully they won't fight for space.
How long should I have them bag out? At least 1hr? Thank you so
Much for the information
Old 17-01-2012, 05:02 PM   #22
Lindwurmx
Arofanatic

I think 1/2 hour enough. If can tahan 1 hr with proper packing I see no harm in it.

Hope it works out for u do update soon ya?

Cheers!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lindwurmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2012, 09:27 PM   #23
EdgarPerez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindwurmx View Post
I think 1/2 hour enough. If can tahan 1 hr with proper packing I see no harm in it.

Hope it works out for u do update soon ya?

Cheers!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Should I add two silver arowanas and release all 4 of them at the sametime? I wanted two more silver arowanas since 4 or more arowanas are less likely to fight then two. At the moment I have them all separated. Look at my pics in my album. The big silver arowana I'm selling it cause I want to keep only the two black arowanas's and buy two small silver aros. I hope
I didn't get you guys confuse
Old 18-01-2012, 12:40 AM   #24
troutsalmonlove
Dragon

You can put a divider in the centre, or separate them out to prevent fights.
troutsalmonlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2012, 08:42 PM   #25
EdgarPerez

Well recently I put both black arowana's together, but i have silver separate, the two blacks seem to get a long for 1-2 days then the bigger one starts to bite the smaller one's tale. so the smaller one always gets beat up. so what i do now is just grab the aggressive one with a net and let her go again after 1 day, but the biting continues after 1-2 days. not sure what else to try now.
Old 25-02-2012, 08:52 PM   #26
giantbetta
Dragon

If minor bites should be ok bro..one thing I realized about this type of aro was that u should fed both of them well..hungry aro is an angry aro..mine too once in a while will have bit of torn fins but will recover shortly after that..
giantbetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2012, 09:03 PM   #27
harrysoo
Dragon

Imho, fights are inevitable for aro comm regardless of how many pcs you keep, u just have to bear with it. If cannot, just keep one.
harrysoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2012, 07:46 PM   #28
EdgarPerez

My two black arowanas are really wild, not sure how to explain it but, if I or anyone else gets near the tanks they start going crazy swimming back and forth really fast, like if they were scare, not sure how to calm them down, do you think it can be the water? or they might be scare because when i see one bitting the other I usually trap it with the net and leave it trap for 1 day, then let her go again the next day, I do this so i can stop the fighting for a little bit.
Old 26-02-2012, 09:52 PM   #29
Saphere
Dragon

Since they really bent on fighting, you should separate them. Some fishes just can't be commed
Saphere is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
arowana, bite, black, fight, fighting