Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > Arowana Forum > Arowana Discussion > Articles, Resources & FAQs

Old 22-07-2007, 12:49 AM   #81
rumraisin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tustar View Post
perhpas would be good if there a vid to show how it could be done..

but would sae this is more fr smaller size aro tat can be handled / pond for u to go in and hold on the aro firmly.
good suggestion bro... i really wouldn't mind being v-taped doing the whole process if someone would sponsor a qualified patient for the OP. and i guarantee its safety!

qualified patient = aro afflicted w/ GC NOT in the early stage where merely correcting water condition could cure the symptom; and NOT in the advance stage where the GC has already affected the hard portion of the gill plate.

and yes, in a pond would be quite difficult if not impossible. the largest i've done was an 18" in a 180 gal tank.

Old 22-07-2007, 12:52 AM   #82
rumraisin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuWaC View Post
Ok, now calm down people, its a piece of infos for sharing, no need heated argument, u may choose not to take on this practice but let's not turn this into an ugly squabbling ground can?
thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by corn View Post
bro rumraisin is simply sharing with us his experience pertaining to his method. Not advocating we need to follow his method. Personally I appreciate that. Upz to you bro!
Thank you bro for your understanding...

Old 22-07-2007, 12:06 PM   #83
chamikara

Well every one has the right to express their ideas.

Personally I really like this method. As soon as I have a subject I am suley going to perform it. Might try on a cheaper speciments first though, No offence bro(Thread starter).

Well NEVER TRIED, NEVER ACCOMPLISHED. I am sure as hell to try..

Thanks for sharing Bro...

And if this sucseeds I owe you a fried rice bro..Tell if you ever visit to Sri Lanka. Either you get a fried rice or a dead aro full in the face.......Ha ha..

Old 22-07-2007, 12:50 PM   #84
farish
Dragon

this method for big fish , need 2 transmore then massage?
Old 22-07-2007, 01:26 PM   #85
el993

Bro rumraisin, thanks for sharing such good experience.
I've seen the director of QH (LC) placed his hands into the tank and the 24" aro immediately swam to his hands, he then lifted the fish up from water while talking to customer. So GC massage for him is easy job. Until now I still dun know how he does it everyday.

IMO chasing is feasible for normal hobbyist if water lever is lower down.

Old 22-07-2007, 01:28 PM   #86
BuWaC

I think it also depends on how much time u spend with your pet(s)......the more time u stand staring and fiddling with the Aro, I think the easier it is to recognize the owner and let you do what u want to it, at least with the least struggle.

Old 22-07-2007, 01:31 PM   #87
el993

Quote:
I think it also depends on how much time u spend with your pet(s)......the more time u stand staring and fiddling with the Aro, I think the easier it is to recognize the owner and let you do what u want to it, at least with the least struggle.
Precisely!

Old 22-07-2007, 02:10 PM   #88
rumraisin

Quote:
Originally Posted by chamikara View Post
Well every one has the right to express their ideas.

Personally I really like this method. As soon as I have a subject I am suley going to perform it. Might try on a cheaper speciments first though, No offence bro(Thread starter).

Well NEVER TRIED, NEVER ACCOMPLISHED. I am sure as hell to try..

Thanks for sharing Bro...

And if this sucseeds I owe you a fried rice bro..Tell if you ever visit to Sri Lanka. Either you get a fried rice or a dead aro full in the face.......Ha ha..
hey bro, thnx for your confidence! just fried rice or a dead aro, nothing in between??? well then i prefer the fried rice & i want it with abalone in it!

short note: IF & when u use this method, please make sure u do it in a BARE TANK. no corner filter/overflow; no driftwood; no rocks, etc. and dont forget to be GENTLE!

Old 22-07-2007, 02:12 PM   #89
rumraisin

Quote:
Originally Posted by farish View Post
this method for big fish , need 2 transmore then massage?
bro, i've never done it using transmore, so can't really tell you what might the outcome be. i personally have only used transmore on shipping aros in long flights and i'd prefer to stay away from it unless absolutely necessary.

when i used this method on the 18", it was done w/o using transmore. the aro was very calm during the whole process. i think the gentle mov't was the key in winning the aro's confidence!

Old 22-07-2007, 02:26 PM   #90
rumraisin

Quote:
Originally Posted by el993 View Post
Bro rumraisin, thanks for sharing such good experience.
I've seen the director of QH (LC) placed his hands into the tank and the 24" aro immediately swam to his hands, he then lifted the fish up from water while talking to customer. So GC massage for him is easy job. Until now I still dun know how he does it everyday.

IMO chasing is feasible for normal hobbyist if water lever is lower down.
Thank you bro el993! and yes, water level lower down takes out many risks in the process of "chasing." also, letting the aro get acquainted with your hands helps a lot too!

Quote:
Bingo!