Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > AroReefers > Equipment/DIY discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26-09-2005, 03:00 PM   #21
iori_del
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwloo
you can get one for less than $80.
Check barra contact, I think it is less than $60 ..
thanks bro, pls enlighten me where to get??
  Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2005, 05:34 PM   #22
aCe^bOwleRz
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Called someone and was told that probably the thermostat readings are "jumping" due to my pump, which is running my whole setup (without tee-off).
Whole setup pipings and hoses are running in series, so 1 directional flow.
Pump capacity is 3000LPH, and my tank water is about 70Gal.

He tried suggesting me to try a lower flowrate pump first, and see how it goes, but it not possible as my whole setup depends on my Aquabee 3000

How? Thought of selling this chiller and get a better brand
  Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2005, 08:36 PM   #23
sherman
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I think the slower your flow the more erratic is the temperature reading going to be.

Regards
  Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2005, 11:55 PM   #24
wlchew
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwloo
you can get one for less than $80.
Check barra contact, I think it is less than $60 ..
Bro, the estimated cost with your own DIY will cost around $80-100
  Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2005, 10:08 AM   #25
cwloo
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aCe^bOwleRz
Called someone and was told that probably the thermostat readings are "jumping" due to my pump, which is running my whole setup (without tee-off).
Whole setup pipings and hoses are running in series, so 1 directional flow.
Pump capacity is 3000LPH, and my tank water is about 70Gal.

He tried suggesting me to try a lower flowrate pump first, and see how it goes, but it not possible as my whole setup depends on my Aquabee 3000

How? Thought of selling this chiller and get a better brand
actually we all run a dedicated pump for the chiller. You may want to get a new pump just for the chiller.
  Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2005, 10:12 AM   #26
cwloo
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wlchew
Bro, the estimated cost with your own DIY will cost around $80-100
Thank bro. I just got a eliwell digital thermostat for $60.
Going to help my friend replace a faulty Resun C280
thermostat.

  Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2005, 02:35 PM   #27
aCe^bOwleRz
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwloo
actually we all run a dedicated pump for the chiller. You may want to get a new pump just for the chiller.
Thanks, will think about it

Can help me with my chiller?
PM me the price where you bought it.
  Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2005, 04:16 PM   #28
cwloo
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aCe^bOwleRz
Thanks, will think about it

Can help me with my chiller?
PM me the price where you bought it.
Borrow Barra photo of the thermostat.
You can get it from Sim Lim tower basement, price about $60~$70 depend on brand.

I got mine from a friend who are working at a co that do commercial aircon service.

  Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2005, 05:08 PM   #29
aCe^bOwleRz
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwloo
Borrow Barra photo of the thermostat.
You can get it from Sim Lim tower basement, price about $60~$70 depend on brand.

I got mine from a friend who are working at a co that do commercial aircon service.

Thanks.

So according to the picture, it's 2 sets of External thermostat right?
Or is it considered as 1 set with 2 display panels?

There seems to be 2 wires, I am only not too sure where to connect each wires.
How about the probe to measure the temperature?
  Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2005, 05:17 PM   #30
monsterz1975
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Cheapest u can get is $40 . If u don know how better get someone to help u . Maybe u can try get Barra to help u he very good in this.
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +9. The time now is 08:46 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2000-2008 Arofanatics.com (Since 30th August 2000)