Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > AroReefers > Equipment/DIY discussion

Old 11-12-2004, 08:33 AM   #41
SGRay

They feel that marketing their products as American laboratory formulated, would boost their sales and reputation in the SIngaporean market? Think many ppl have the mentality that European and American products are superior to those produced in asia. so I think it's all about boosting sales..

gosh I still feel cheated though. Misleading... is this illegal?
Old 11-12-2004, 01:31 PM   #42
nim75sg

Also, verified with InfoUSA for businesses in USA gave negative findings too.

Taking another step forward; couldn't find the company listed in any of the 50 states of USA from "ReferenceUSA" which has a database of 12 million businesses in USA.

This is suspicious, isn't it?
Old 11-12-2004, 11:04 PM   #43
bonjour2

Okay i personally will stop using this product until the relevant party come out to verify and clarify themselves.
As i said , the only possibility are ( the ingredients are made in USA, but imported into Singapore for packaging and marketing).This is similar to those Ships in Bottles , where the wooden ship is made in Philippines , sent back to craftmaster in Germany for insertion into bottle , then labelled MADE IN GERMANY.
Old 12-12-2004, 03:51 AM   #44
woonming

Anyway i would like to address that i hope no one would blame weishun as that chap is just doing his job and making living........

Ming
Old 12-12-2004, 04:47 AM   #45
SGRay

yep yep.. we cannot blame him. The company's management is at fault. melvin doesn't know anything I think..
Old 12-12-2004, 05:56 PM   #46
Ekia

Quote:
Originally Posted by nim75sg
Also, verified with InfoUSA for businesses in USA gave negative findings too.

Taking another step forward; couldn't find the company listed in any of the 50 states of USA from "ReferenceUSA" which has a database of 12 million businesses in USA.

This is suspicious, isn't it?
hmm... then why did weishun say he is the one who imported aquapharm products fromm USA? something fishy here...
Old 12-12-2004, 05:59 PM   #47
Ekia

Quote:
Originally Posted by woonming
Anyway i would like to address that i hope no one would blame weishun as that chap is just doing his job and making living........

Ming
But he claimed that he imported the products from USA itself and distribute to the LFSes... something is wrong here is the company don't even exist in US. If it don't exist in the US.. how is he able to import from there?
Old 12-12-2004, 06:40 PM   #48
bonjour2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekia
hmm... then why did weishun say he is the one who imported aquapharm products fromm USA? something fishy here...
No lah, think the company he work for left the importation of this particular product to his sole charge ( something like person-in-charge) loh...
Old 12-12-2004, 09:05 PM   #49
woonming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekia
But he claimed that he imported the products from USA itself and distribute to the LFSes... something is wrong here is the company don't even exist in US. If it don't exist in the US.. how is he able to import from there?
Erm i did not see this post. LOL sorry..
I only spoken to him before once and he just said he is working for them and incharge of certain areas in Singapore to distribute products.

Maybe someone could pm him and ask him to explain on the above thread.

I am just curious now on their new salt? As i really did not see it when i visit LFS. Think i am getting old.

Ming
Old 13-12-2004, 12:27 AM   #50
devilfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by woonming

I am just curious now on their new salt? As i really did not see it when i visit LFS. Think i am getting old.

Ming
it's very common among LFS.. if u c something very silmilar 2 marine environment n it's brown in colour, tat's the 1. it's labelled scientific formula. look at the back of the box on the lower right hand corner n u will c the brand.

tell u a joke(at least 2 me). once i called up Aqua****** 2 check if they carry coralife salt. the reply," we dun carry lousy salt, oni good ones like tropic marine, marine environment n AQUAPHARM!!!