Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Cichlid Experiences

Closed Thread

Old 24-06-2015, 01:39 PM   #1
Kinetics

Default Cichlid Aquarium Supplies at 61 Jalan Lekar

I would like to share a recent experience at Cichlid Aduarium Supplies with you guys and hope that we can share views on this
Old 24-06-2015, 01:46 PM   #2
Kinetics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinetics View Post
I would like to share a recent experience at Cichlid Aduarium Supplies with you guys and hope that we can share views on this
I visited Cichlid Aquarium Supplies (CAS) on 23 June 2015 to look for some altolamprologus compressiceps gold heads. I met a young lad, I assume is the boss, who led me to a tank of alto comps gold head mutondwe of varying sizes. While I was looking at the fishes, he quoted me the price of $249 for each fish. I was extremely shocked by the price quoted as there was no way for me to put in a counter offer.

I shared with him that at other LFS in Singapore, a wild caught alto comp gold head was selling for $58 a piece. His reply was that he did not care and did not want to compare. He even asked me to go to that particular LFS to buy my alto comps.

I informed him that I had already bought some alto comps from that particular LFS and was keen to know what other LFS like his could offer.
Old 24-06-2015, 01:49 PM   #3
Kinetics

Quote:
I visited Cichlid Aquarium Supplies (CAS) on 23 June 2015 to look for some altolamprologus compressiceps gold heads. I met a young lad, I assume is the boss, who led me to a tank of alto comps gold head mutondwe of varying sizes. While I was looking at the fishes, he quoted me the price of $249 for each fish. I was extremely shocked by the price quoted as there was no way for me to put in a counter offer.

I shared with him that at other LFS in Singapore, a wild caught alto comp gold head was selling for $58 a piece. His reply was that he did not care and did not want to compare. He even asked me to go to that particular LFS to buy my alto comps.

I informed him that I had already bought some alto comps from that particular LFS and was keen to know what other LFS like his could offer.
After this encounter, I wrote an email to CAS, hoping to understand why there was such a big gap in the pricing of CAS and other LFS for the alto comp gold head. I got a reply from CAS which I would like to share with you guys in full here:

"I was the young lad that you are referring to on your post. I trust that you understand that what you see in our farm are my fish and I have every reason and rights to quote my price.

It is interesting how you would think what price is right for MY FISH.

I would appreciate it if you could get this right. I did not force you to buy my fish anyway. I have customers who know my fish and willing and able to pay for the price.

It is your absolute freedom to buy fish elsewhere if you cannot afford buying them at our farm.

We welcome your feedback anyway. Here wishing you all the best in your fish hunting.

Cichlids Aquarium Supplies
61 Jalan Lekar, Singapore, 698948"
Old 24-06-2015, 01:50 PM   #4
canopy
Dragon

bro, different shipment diff price la. They never point gun at you leh, Willing seller willing buyer. What is the point of this thread? Ended up you will become the loser ...
Old 24-06-2015, 01:51 PM   #5
Kinetics

Quote:
After this encounter, I wrote an email to CAS, hoping to understand why there was such a big gap in the pricing of CAS and other LFS for the alto comp gold head. I got a reply from CAS which I would like to share with you guys in full here:

"I was the young lad that you are referring to on your post. I trust that you understand that what you see in our farm are my fish and I have every reason and rights to quote my price.

It is interesting how you would think what price is right for MY FISH.

I would appreciate it if you could get this right. I did not force you to buy my fish anyway. I have customers who know my fish and willing and able to pay for the price.

It is your absolute freedom to buy fish elsewhere if you cannot afford buying them at our farm.

We welcome your feedback anyway. Here wishing you all the best in your fish hunting.

Cichlids Aquarium Supplies
61 Jalan Lekar, Singapore, 698948"
Have you guys, who are more experienced in the fish trade, encountered similar experiences? Can share them here so that I can learn more about CAS? tks in advance for your attention and advice.
Old 24-06-2015, 02:26 PM   #6
Flash
Arofanatic

Quote:
A friend of mine was quoted $9xx for a pair of young haitensis. Whereas C328 sells less then 1 blue note for a small 2" piece. Just sharing
Old 24-06-2015, 02:35 PM   #7
Homester
Senior Dragon

Willing seller willing buyers Bro.

Forget abt the incident and move on.
Old 24-06-2015, 02:56 PM   #8
Kinetics

Thanks for all the valuable views expressed so far.

Guess that it is had to judge what is a "fair price" for a fish.

But on the other hand, if price quoted by a particular fish farm is way off the charts (whatever the reasons behind it), it will bound to affect credibility of that fish farm. Fish lovers will react by going to what in their view are the more credible fish dealers. The end result may be that fish lovers like us will ultimately lose as we will have a much smaller pool of fish dealers to choose from.
Old 24-06-2015, 04:14 PM   #9
Gowling
Dragon

Expensive place. not for the faint hearted ....
Old 25-06-2015, 12:08 AM   #10
dan
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash View Post
A friend of mine was quoted $9xx for a pair of young haitensis. Whereas C328 sells less then 1 blue note for a small 2" piece. Just sharing
Yup, and I still have his quote......but like all the bros have written, no one pointed a gun at our heads, its our money and our choice. We can choose to buy or walk. PM me and let uncle buy you coffee to cheer you up.

Thkq
Closed Thread