Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > The Guildhouse > Marketplace- Livestock & Plants only

Closed Thread

Old 24-02-2015, 12:06 PM   #1
Johnc
Arofanatic

Default Assorted Fishes including ST or IT, Raphael, Texas, Gar, etc

Hello AFers,

A good friend of mine recently passed away and his wife would like to give away his collection of large fishes... including an small Alligator Gar, a small Arowana (prob. silver), a Siamese Tiger (or IT, not sure), 2 x Red Hooks, Texas cichlid, Lima Shovernose Catfish, a Platydoras sp (Raphael?), a Synodontis, a Bachir (not sure if still there) and a large Marble Goby.

Please see the attached photos. I apologise for the quality of the photos. It was not appropriate for me to take any photos when I visited and so had to ask another friend who visited later to take the photos.

Our esteemed Moderator, Mr Tan, suggested that I try to sell the fish so that the sum may go to helping the bereaved family. But my friend's wife is not keen to sell them as she does not want to have many individuals coming at different time to the apartment.

Perhaps, if you like, you can give a red packet for the fish you collect.

She would like anyone interested in the fishes to collect them this Friday (27 Feb 2015) between 5-7 pm. She stays near Ponggol MRT (details in PM).

If you are interested in any of the fishes AND can make it at the stated time OR have someone come on your behalf at the stated time, please drop me a Private Message with your name and mobile number, indicating which of the fishes you are keen to adopt. I will collate the list of contact and create a WhatsApp group for all who will come down to collect the fish. Please understand if I do not reply or contact you that the fish you are interested in is probably reserved by someone else.

Priority will be given to anyone who can take all the fishes in one go. You are welcome to take them and sell those you do not wish to keep if you like. Just give a token to the widow. Please bring your own pails or large plastic bags. Please adopt the fish only if you can give them a good home whether temporary or permanent.

Kind regards,

/John

Old 24-02-2015, 12:45 PM   #2
jamesbond
Arofanatic

hi there, as per PM, i would like to collect the IT/ST an Lima Shovernose Catfish, a Platydoras sp (Raphael?). out of goodwill i will pass $200 白金 as a token of appreciation.
Old 24-02-2015, 02:36 PM   #3
dan
Arofanatic

Hi Johnc

I do not want the fishes but i would still like to give a token.
Pls read my pm.

Thks
Old 24-02-2015, 03:37 PM   #4
Unclejo

bro interested in the red hook, had PM you.
Old 24-02-2015, 04:05 PM   #5
Lex
Dragon

Thumbs up

so encouraged by your generosity bros. good on you.
Old 24-02-2015, 04:33 PM   #6
Johnc
Arofanatic

Thank you very much, everyone, for all your interests, offers to adopt the fishes, offers of helps, condolences etc. The response has been overwhelming. As indicated earlier, I will contact by WhatApps the members who are shortlisted to take the fishes.

My apologies to those who are not shortlisted... I had initially thought that there may not be many who can make it at the specific time indicated by the bereaved wife. That is why I mentioned that priority would be given to those who can take everything. But when all the responses started coming in, I felt I owe it to my departed friend to make sure that the fishes go to those who can really appreciate them... I know my friend loved his fishes...

As for those who offered condolences and monetary tokens though you did not want the fish, I am touched by your generosity. I will convey your care and concern to the family.

Warm regards,

/John

P.S. This thread my now be closed. I will post separately should there be some equipment that need to be off-loaded.
Closed Thread