Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Goldfish & Koi Forum

Old 01-10-2006, 05:29 PM   #561
FieryBetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranchu Lover View Post
How come nobody commented on whether the 2 sets of test kit I showed earlier for measuring NO3 is the right one or produced by a company with very bad reputation. The other thing that at the least that some body can do is to recommend me another set of test kit.

I am still very puzzled as I cannot understand why I got such a reading?

I repeat, my tank is a 2 ft glass tank that is set high up against the aluminium grille of my balcony with very high ceiling. I provided an aeration and even perform siphoning of uneaten food at the end of the day before sunset. It took about 7 to 8 days for the water to turn green. I have 3 tikus inside the tank and I feed them many times a day with very small feed as I ususlly do for my other fish.

Because I have the set up in the comfort of my own home, I was able to take measurement as and when I like. I did the test 4 times with the 2 sets of test kits.

Just like the advertisement for radio 90.5FM. "HEAR ONLY THE GOOD STUFF!" and filter out the bad stuff.

Is it so difficult for someone to test their GW in the early hours of the morning and share your findings. Bro Jikin for one has GW in the comfort of his own home.
Brudder, you are cwater leader. You say close thread, your follower don't follow and continue hantaming and you also hantam big time. You know answer to this: "I got 2 cwater setups. My readings are easily 200 ppm nitrate". Does this mean I can immediately make fun of cwater? Do you need to ask me about my setups if I start making fun of cwater cos of my readings? Don't act like a child here and twist things around. You haven't answered the qns below.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FieryBetta View Post
Brudder, can explain more? What hours sunlight for tank? what times feed? Nitrate was good at what time? You mean good today and next day early morning nitrate above 200 ppm? What time was test next day?How was weather day before 200 ppm reading? How many days not changed gwater? How dark was gwater from gauge? http://www.arofanatics.com/members/d...ercultivation/
You can decide if you want to ans above and make clear following- you say took about 7 to 8 days for the water to turn green. Which day and time was reading 12.5 ppm, and which day and time reading was 200 ppm? what time first and last feed?
Old 01-10-2006, 08:45 PM   #562
Ranchu Lover

Quote:
Brudder, you are cwater leader. You say close thread, your follower don't follow and continue hantaming and you also hantam big time. You know answer to this: "I got 2 cwater setups. My readings are easily 200 ppm nitrate". Does this mean I can immediately make fun of cwater? Do you need to ask me about my setups if I start making fun of cwater cos of my readings? Don't act like a child here and twist things around. You haven't answered the qns below.

You can decide if you want to ans above and make clear following- you say took about 7 to 8 days for the water to turn green. Which day and time was reading 12.5 ppm, and which day and time reading was 200 ppm? what time first and last feed?
Don't have to defend my testing as all I am only concern with is the 200+ ppm reading of Nitrate I found. It does not bother me after I found that as I am not here to disprove GW or you. It is up to you to test your own reading of GW without the sunlight. As I do not use GW, it is up to you to satisfy yourself that you do not have the same problem.

I am a CW user and I will teach anyone willing to learn the CW technique that I use.

So easy right, just take your own readings and report back to us your test results.
Old 01-10-2006, 08:47 PM   #563
LauLanChu
Dragon

Quote:
You just don't know when to stop when you should, that's why you are "hantam king no 1, no think". I've told you this is not presumption vs science. See your own post. You are also assuming.
FB,
Your thread don't serve any good to anybody here. If you want to dispute my reasoning, please come out a reason and we can debate over it. Else, please stop all the personal attack and calling names.
Again, anybody can write anything here but if you think is rubbish, please come out a reason. I am open to constructive debate and we can come to a conclusion.

Last edited by LauLanChu; 01-10-2006 at 09:05 PM.
LauLanChu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 12:08 AM   #564
FieryBetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranchu Lover View Post
Don't have to defend my testing as all I am only concern with is the 200+ ppm reading of Nitrate I found. It does not bother me after I found that as I am not here to disprove GW or you. It is up to you to test your own reading of GW without the sunlight. As I do not use GW, it is up to you to satisfy yourself that you do not have the same problem.

I am a CW user and I will teach anyone willing to learn the CW technique that I use.

So easy right, just take your own readings and report back to us your test results.
Brudder, using your phrase - "please behave yourself", don't bluff and twist things here, there, everywhere. You are 100% not concern and only interested in hantaming gwater. Else, you would have answered qns and not try to hide and avoid. We not playing hide and seek here ok. From my qns , you should know by now how/why you wrongly managed gwater. You know that cwater can easily reach more than 200% nitrate, or shoot through roof for ammonium if not managed properly.

I have no problem with you "I am a CW user and I will teach anyone willing to learn the CW technique that I use." It is gd you improve people using cwater.Just don't be funny trying to hantam gwater and misleading people. And don't use saying "knowing the truth to set you free" when you are the one twisting things around.
Old 02-10-2006, 12:10 AM   #565
FieryBetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauLanChu View Post
FB,
Your thread don't serve any good to anybody here. If you want to dispute my reasoning, please come out a reason and we can debate over it. Else, please stop all the personal attack and calling names.
Again, anybody can write anything here but if you think is rubbish, please come out a reason. I am open to constructive debate and we can come to a conclusion.
Brudder you are the best
Old 02-10-2006, 09:38 AM   #566
Ranchu Lover

Time for action. Just take a measurement of the Nitrate in your GW at dawn and report back to results. That is all you need to do. Argue here and there for what? It is as easy as A, B, C, D.
A- accept that there is a need for you to find out the truth.
B - believe that the Test Kit used is accurate.
C - convinced that you need to find out the truth.
D - do it.
Old 02-10-2006, 10:50 AM   #567
kitsilano

AFC Member

Quote:
Brudder, using your phrase - "please behave yourself", don't bluff and twist things here, there, everywhere. You are 100% not concern and only interested in hantaming gwater. Else, you would have answered qns and not try to hide and avoid. We not playing hide and seek here ok. From my qns , you should know by now how/why you wrongly managed gwater. You know that cwater can easily reach more than 200% nitrate, or shoot through roof for ammonium if not managed properly.

I have no problem with you "I am a CW user and I will teach anyone willing to learn the CW technique that I use." It is gd you improve people using cwater.Just don't be funny trying to hantam gwater and misleading people. And don't use saying "knowing the truth to set you free" when you are the one twisting things around.
Bro if I am you I will just quit debating something that will never be conclusive. Just to highlight that quite a while back another brother with the nick HN Lim came up with a water system that tell hobbyists that his system "no need to change water". Walau some of the brethren then fought tooth and nail trying to dispute the "no need change water theory".....see where some of those brethren are....sadly no more active in the Goldfish forum and they are good ranchukeepers.....I think these brothers like YLD, Kawai etc are now on "North Mountain Cold"...aka as "Liang Shan"...(Water Margin,,,aka Swee Wu Chuan). Why? bcos more peaceful...no need to "high blood" over water. There on "North Mountain Cold" weather very conducive for ranchu keeping and you get to meet real ranchu hobbyists...not imposters.
kitsilano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 12:27 PM   #568
TVR

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitsilano View Post
Bro if I am you I will just quit debating something that will never be conclusive. Just to highlight that quite a while back another brother with the nick HN Lim came up with a water system that tell hobbyists that his system "no need to change water". Walau some of the brethren then fought tooth and nail trying to dispute the "no need change water theory".....see where some of those brethren are....sadly no more active in the Goldfish forum and they are good ranchukeepers.....I think these brothers like YLD, Kawai etc are now on "North Mountain Cold"...aka as "Liang Shan"...(Water Margin,,,aka Swee Wu Chuan). Why? bcos more peaceful...no need to "high blood" over water. There on "North Mountain Cold" weather very conducive for ranchu keeping and you get to meet real ranchu hobbyists...not imposters.
Bro,
Like to bring me to that Northern Mountain Cold? I'm very interested.
Enough of eye saw here!
TVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 12:39 PM   #569
kitsilano

AFC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVR View Post
Bro,
Like to bring me to that Northern Mountain Cold? I'm very interested.
Enough of eye saw here!
North Mountain Cold is "patience"....sit in front of your tubs for hours watching all your "babies" swimming...slowly with hours of patience...the way to North Mountain Cold will be shown and you will be enlightened.

The short cut way is to cross a fighting fish and tvr.
kitsilano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 03:11 PM   #570
LauLanChu
Dragon

Will like to share a personal experience and learning from my recent Gukup Malaysia trip. I made a trip to the fishing village and took a boat to the kelong. There I noticed something very amazing eye opener (believed some of the bros here already aware). I saw with my own eyes how people do the fish farming and noticed that there is no more such thing as go out the sea for a catch. I saw that fishes like groupers, promphet...are extremely huge (was told they are trying to control the size, as too big will not be nice for dishes), eventhough they were kept in a very small space. These fishes were kept in small netting, think is about 4ft by 4ft, in numbers of tens to twenties, just supported by wooden pole. I was very surprise how these fishes can grow to such a size in such small space and start enquiring from the fishman. To my very surprise I was told space is not an important factor, the ultimate factor that control the fish growth is the WATER. How it's worked is the constant water current flow will always refresh the old water in the netting, and what the fishes see is always new fresh water. The fishes were also fed aggressively without afraid that the water will be foul. This makes me believe somebody already realize this and have a system mimicking this kelong system and is ripping the benefit. This may already be an old theory but just that not being practice extensively in GF keeping.
I also learnt from the fisherman that this method was discovered by freak accident. Previously in olden days, fisherman goes out the sea hoping to have a good catch and the harvast is inconsistence, depending alot on luck. One fine day, the fish size of their catch was so small and could not be even sold to the market at all. Out of frustraction, they discard the fishes on the netting hopping that they will grow one day. To their surprises, they noticed their fishes grow in a trememdous rate, even better then what they could catch from open sea. They soon learnt and now adays, people are harvasting with a consistence catch without worry and need to travel out the risky sea.
The moral of the story I have learnt is "The Truth of the Present may not be the Truth of the Future". We are here to learn and share and the best effective learning is with an open mind. Some of the thing you see you could not even believe your own eyes.
LauLanChu is offline   Reply With Quote