Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Freshwater Invertebrates Forum

Old 11-06-2009, 01:24 PM   #21
silane
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrquaaah View Post
admin silane may I know what zeolite and clayballs does to the water parameters? thank you very much.
Zeolite is an ion exchanger, will swap their ion, Na+ with other postive ion. Some people use it to breakdown the ammonia by remove H+.

But I will stay away from using zeolite for my invertebrate tanks, geographically difference can result in different characteristic of the Zeolite, and we as a user, we do not know what it is going to offer.

And removing much of the needed ions for invertebrate to have a healthy extoskeletion is not a good idea.

biofilter medium made of clay or ceramic may initial affect the pH upward.

Last edited by silane; 11-06-2009 at 01:44 PM.
silane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 04:24 PM   #22
mrquaaah

Quote:
Originally Posted by silane View Post
Zeolite is an ion exchanger, will swap their ion, Na+ with other postive ion. Some people use it to breakdown the ammonia by remove H+.

But I will stay away from using zeolite for my invertebrate tanks, geographically difference can result in different characteristic of the Zeolite, and we as a user, we do not know what it is going to offer.

And removing much of the needed ions for invertebrate to have a healthy extoskeletion is not a good idea.

biofilter medium made of clay or ceramic may initial affect the pH upward.
Thanks for the reply =D. So what do you recommend I put into the filter media for my invertebrate tank? thank you very much!!