Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > The Guildhouse > Chatterbox > Singapore Politics

Old 31-12-2016, 06:58 PM   #151
LauLanChu
Dragon

Same thoughts. I think our education system is good though not perfect, just a bit stressful for the growing kids. We grade the kids too young, as they are put on stringent test at very early age. As for the moral value teaching, they were taught on respect the old, filial piety, and live righteously and with integrity. Going a step further on our education system is kind of more complex, moe set the curriculum and subjects for schools to follow, and a lot of teaching also falls onto the school itself. We have variation in school too, religion mission school, independent school, branded good school, neighbourhood school.....though principal and teachers are so called transferred mixed, the children coming out of the school will different, because the school culture itself is different. To add on a kid outcome could be affected by the education system, a lot of time also depend on individual upbringing and parents play a very important role.
LauLanChu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2016, 07:02 PM   #152
LauLanChu
Dragon

I read this, so he eventually wake up or just wayang so he can grant the stay. He was charged for all the religion attack and if he regret why seek asylum. Looks more like want to escape NS.
Old 31-12-2016, 07:16 PM   #153
LauLanChu
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by globalcookie View Post

It has grown quite much like a sore thumb sticking out. Getting too loud. In the 80s (not sure about earlier), people were a lot happier and very much tolerant/forgiving. We hardly complain even if we grumble about the iron fist rule that ppl somehow fear saying the wrong thing. But 3rd generation, I don't feel the same. We still quite fear the witch hunt effect now that we have tonnes of keyboard warriors who will dig out ppl. We are threatened with suits (imaging your ministers [PM suing Roy Nyguen] suing common man.. haiz)... I don't seems to see the same carefree faces we see in the 80s.

If we continue going this way, I think the dissent will get louder and more such AY cases will appear. Dissent doesn't appear overnight over nothing.
Actually nothing changed much since 70's. The generation above me like my dad and uncles are anti-PAP, saying we are under totalitarian ruling, being heavily taxed, everything also increase, Gov misused our CPF money and public fund.....similar complaints exactly the same as of today's.
There is always 30 - 40% anti-gov, cannot please everyone in the real world.

As for suing someone it also happens longs ago, LKY suing JBJ, GCT suing CSJ....to protect reputation if someone alleged something that is untrue. As for LWL why not being sued got to ask LHL himself, probably being classified as 'family matters'.
Old 31-12-2016, 07:40 PM   #154
globalcookie
Dragon

What I said is e whole thing together that is gg the wrong way.

Tax. I don't see anything wrong with taxes. The tax structure seems fair to me.

Misuse if CPF monies are all empty coffeeshop talk. I don't know where was it Misused thus I don't even want to speculate. If anyone thinks CPF interest shd be high like returns on investments, well... I disagree.

I'm against PAP for their abusive politics which disguise me.

Complaints and grouse are the same? I don't see it as being the same.

Suing a commoner I said, not disposing political opponent. They way they deal with opponent is not healthy for Singapore politics. But what can we say since they have been voted overwhelmingly.

I said specifically, the ministers (namely PM) Suing common man and Roy Nygen is the example. Since he uses his finances and access to good lawyer on a common man whose words carries no weight, he must do the same to LWL who is a professional and much older and knows exactly what she is saying vs a common man. But why does PM not sue her? No smoke without fire. There must be truce in LWL words since he doesn't do anything. Or.... don't tell me... e Hokkien word.... jiak beh kway, thus don't dare to take e bite???????? HA HA!!! Up to individuals to read as they desire.

Be Fair! Is that so difficult? It is, in Singapore.

OK I said more than enough. Not gg to go further on a useless topic as it won't change anything.
globalcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2017, 02:08 PM   #155
lenghan
Arofanatic

Now that he is granted political asylum, does that means the US judge agrees that our judiciary system is wrong?
Haha....PAP go sue the US judge that granted him asylum
lenghan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2017, 02:34 PM   #156
millenium
Senior Dragon

If have some money to buy a small house and a car, stay in usa is better than here.
millenium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2017, 07:14 PM   #157
streetsmart73

Hi there !!! 123

more mouthing from AY now.

He is now someone's baby.

Yes, use taxpayers' monies to sue him for dodging NS.
streetsmart73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2017, 07:17 PM   #158
hkh
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetsmart73 View Post
more mouthing from AY now.

He is now someone's baby.

Yes, use taxpayers' monies to sue him for dodging NS.
Don't waste our money la....... let him stay there forever......
hkh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2017, 11:27 AM   #159
loveikan
Arofanatic

Let just say he truly received gd advice to make the US approved his asylum application
loveikan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2017, 04:53 PM   #160
stargazer
Dragon

He and Alvin (Alvivi, remember?) can shake hands and hug each other liao...
stargazer is offline   Reply With Quote