Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > The Guildhouse > Chatterbox

Closed Thread

Old 16-04-2018, 12:51 AM   #301
lenghan
Arofanatic

A very poor first half where most of players do not understand each other's role. Pretty common happening recently in our play. Against better teams we would have been exposed very clearly
Old 16-04-2018, 01:30 AM   #302
SabaDen92
Endangered Dragon

0-1 to WBA

Old 16-04-2018, 01:34 AM   #303
Liang_Zai
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabaDen92 View Post
0-1 to WBA

Let's see if can come back wba always score first then end up draw or lose but to be honest we are not playing well though although starting to attack in 2nd half
Old 16-04-2018, 01:35 AM   #304
lenghan
Arofanatic

Well deserve lead from WBA. We have been poor thorough so far. No passion at all from the lads and we look like handing the title to City tonight
Old 16-04-2018, 01:40 AM   #305
SabaDen92
Endangered Dragon

City will be champions the way things are going...
Old 16-04-2018, 01:50 AM   #306
lenghan
Arofanatic

Honestly, other than DDG all our lads play way way below par and on a scale of 1 to 10, most would get either a 3 or 4.
The result confirms the title going to City tonight
Old 16-04-2018, 02:02 AM   #307
loveikan
Arofanatic

A very poor game by us. WBA deserved the win.
Old 16-04-2018, 02:50 AM   #308
KeeHuat
Dragon

Poor first half at walking pace from the players. And to give away a goal from poor marking. No player was running directly at West Brom. Valencia did not try and beat the opponent from the outside, he was just passing the ball inside. Same for Young today. Instead of stretching the play by playing on the wings, they were all coming inside. Sanchez is also coming in and passing to the player inside and then the chance is gone.

Valencia, Young, Pogba, Mata, Sanchez performances were not good today.

Jose mentioned at the interview, some of the players were still having a handover and celebrating from the win against City.

If we play like this against Spurs, we will lose.

We need to sign a right sided player who can take people on the outside.

Last edited by KeeHuat; 16-04-2018 at 02:53 AM.
Old 16-04-2018, 10:05 AM   #309
Shadow7
Senior Dragon

A disappointed result to start the week but the team has a chance to redeem themselves in a few days time with the match against Bournemouth on wed. Hope they pick themselves up and at least not let City has a larger winning margin and also consolidate 2nd spot with the 3pts.
Old 16-04-2018, 11:55 PM   #310
moscowblue
Endangered Dragon

done and dusted for this season

let's see who is staying and who is leaving

Personally, I would like Shaw to stay and fight for the left back slot as he is so very talented when he's in the team. Why did Mou not play him more, that is the question.

But our attack needs a real striker, I personally think that LKK is not suited to be a United player, from the way he holds the ball, his first touch and his decision making to me is not really ideal. If he is more decisive and ruthless, we would not have lost the match, not to mentioned that Foster did a good job of saving his header.

Our defence, I think we need to remove Smalling totally from the team and play Rojo or Bailly or Jones more. Right back also need a total upgrade, I see Valencia's power dropping off more faster than I thought, when he got the ball, he did not even bother to put in a nice floating cross.

Pogba needs to be unleashed from his defensive duties like when he was in Juventus. He is too burdened by his defensive duties and not performing up to task when attacking.

We now do not have any swash buckling player like a Giggsy or a Scholesy or a Keane to drive the team forward.

From yesterday's play, I can see the players are really confused on how to attack. they kept switching the ball from left to centre to right and then repeat again.

I hope we can at least have a trophy by the end of the season, and start to rebuild from there again.
Closed Thread