Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > The Guildhouse > Chatterbox > Singapore Politics

Old 29-02-2012, 11:10 AM   #51
Humongous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guppies Onli View Post
If both MIW MP and him come forward to shake your hand, whose hand will you shake first? I will definitely move forward and shake CSJ hand and wave bye bye to the MIW.
I dont want to even cast my eyes on the DIWs, else suffer Cystoid Macular Edema, and needed Lucentis injections to the Macula....

I have that scene etched in ,y mind when the last GEmy whole family of 4 from my mrs , and 2 young girls and me gave the WP team handshake and ignore the DIWs at Bedok 216.... The face of Zorro at the juncture was .....
Old 29-02-2012, 11:11 AM   #52
Humongous

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardg View Post
would love to shake his hand and have a pic taken..
I took a pic with him with the him autograph his books for me, as the same for the late JBJ.
Old 29-02-2012, 11:41 AM   #53
lenghan
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwhtan View Post
Sorry. Got to disagree. He may have a sword to grind subsequently but the sequence is incorrect. He was, first, unveiled as a " prized " catch for the opposition to stand in the by-election in Marine Parade in 1992.

It is important to know that it is AFTER his introduction as an opposition candidate that he got into all sorts of controversy as how our media reported, not BEFORE. Vasoo was Chee's boss in NUS and of course, a PAP MP as well. Chee was alleged to have sent his wife's thesis to the United States using research funds and also over-claiming taxi fares that he incurred in the course of his work. But all these were AFTER he stand as an opposition candidate in the by-election.

Well said Mr Mod. for clarifying these very very important sequences.
So we could ALL see how well the medias have/had psycho many ignorant Singaporeans in their unrelentless manner of bringing the man down and out.
lenghan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-02-2012, 11:44 AM   #54
AlvinLeong
Dragon

I have a short chat with Dr Chee during one of SDP's rally at Sembawang GRC last election. Shoke his hand and gave him a pat on his back.... i think he appreciated that.

People complain don't be simi keyboard warriors lah, ask yourself what you will do for the country/people lah..... now we have someone so willing to standup for democracy, people calling him crazy.... haiz, don't understand what people really want.....

Dr Chee deserve our respect.
AlvinLeong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-02-2012, 11:46 AM   #55
globalcookie
Dragon

Despite many people knowing that the local printed media are being bias, it still has a huge influence on people's mind. Thus PAP used the machinery to tune people's mindset. They neglected Facebook and online media in last GE and paid a price for it.

Years ago, if I don't remb wrongly, even in AF, there were many who see negatively of Dr Chee.

Despite the many negative reports of Opposition politicians, I remind myself to form my own independant assessment of these candidates and parties, than rely on local printed media.

Last edited by globalcookie; 29-02-2012 at 11:47 AM.
globalcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-02-2012, 11:47 AM   #56
satan_gal
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guppies Onli View Post
If both MIW MP and him come forward to shake your hand, whose hand will you shake first? I will definitely move forward and shake CSJ hand and wave bye bye to the MIW.
I both also wun shake, like tat, can?

I'm sorry ar.. but I dun feel the need to shake hands to show support.

But if both ask me take flyer, I might take Chee over MIW. Heck, any opp party over PAP, unless it's Lily Neo.

Humongous : OOooo... Den I must say, it's a very dignified source of income!
Seriously, they shd juz write and tell us how he make ends make and pay off creditors as a bankrupt.

It may cast him in a better light. After all, MIW also like to point fingers ask him where HIS $$ come from, claiming it's from overseas investors who wan to run dwn SG blah blah (like as if so easy)

BTW....I will assume the sales of books is his, not the party's?

I like his brains, but the issue at the JW Market years ago still leaves a stain in the memory bank.
satan_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-02-2012, 11:51 AM   #57
globalcookie
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by satan_gal View Post
But if both ask me take flyer, I might take Chee over MIW. Heck, any opp party over PAP, unless it's Lily Neo.
It may cast him in a better light. After all, MIW also like to point fingers ask him where HIS $$ come from, claiming it's from overseas investors who wan to run dwn SG blah blah (like as if so easy).
I will pay for Opposition parties' newsletter, bt not a cent for PAP. But I will read both flyers and info, just to see what they hv to say.

In the past, there is no need for donors to political cause to be known. They changed that so to deter pple from donating to political cause.
globalcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-02-2012, 11:51 AM   #58
AlvinLeong
Dragon

Only serious politicians will be on MIW's radar. Dr Chee is one of them.
AlvinLeong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-02-2012, 12:01 PM   #59
Humongous

Quote:
Originally Posted by satan_gal View Post
I both also wun shake, like tat, can?

I'm sorry ar.. but I dun feel the need to shake hands to show support.

Humongous : OOooo... Den I must say, it's a very dignified source of income!
Seriously, they shd juz write and tell us how he make ends make and pay off creditors as a bankrupt.

It may cast him in a better light. After all, MIW also like to point fingers ask him where HIS $$ come from, claiming it's from overseas investors who wan to run dwn SG blah blah (like as if so easy)

BTW....I will assume the sales of books is his, not the party's?

I like his brains, but the issue at the JW Market years ago still leaves a stain in the memory bank.
He penned several books and the public or political donation, it was never needed to be made know the source, only to be declared by DIWs that donation now need to be made know.

The DIWs themselves have too many skeleton in the closet and thus superb in coming up with conspiracy theories that external NGO wants to run Singapore down.

I believe if you were to write to Dt CSJ on his management of his finance flow he might oblige.
Old 29-02-2012, 01:37 PM   #60
Huaikong
Endangered Dragon

didnt know now af got so many pple support dr chee.remember few years back alot of pple was criticizing him here.

seems like many has seen the true dr chee liao,not the one potrayed due to bad coverage n character assination by our kuku media.....
Huaikong is offline   Reply With Quote