Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > The Guildhouse > Aquatic Showcase & Photography > Showcase Winners

Old 30-04-2005, 02:44 PM   #1
jwhtan
Barney

Thumbs up Showcase April 2005 Winners (ken_yg, Mewmender, mill)

ken-yg pic ... I asked him wat he did to get the picture and I got this ...

2nd highest vote is mewmender n 3rd is mill

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken_yg
I was attempting to photograph another yawn picture of my red under the influence of flash for the Showcase. But it was difficult to catch it yawning and gradually, bored by my uncooperative red, I started to shoot the red as it swam around the tank. I had a lucky shot and on a couple of the pics, I got a shot which shows the eyes sparkling. This is due to the effect of the flash. Many times I've got this sparkle on one eye, but two sparkling eyes like this is something new to me and I thought I'll share it on this showcase. Many thanks to all the members who have voted for it.

More shots followed over the next few nights as I made some changes hoping to shoot better picture. I increased tank lighting to maximum, thus allowing me to capture more of aro’s fins. It is not easy to capture the red with two evenly bright sparkling eyes & body & fins in full swing. Somehow luck was with me, & I got one that looked okay. Not really a perfect picture, but the action & awe-inspiring sprit of arowana was in that picture.

The picture was timely for the first Showcase. After editing with Photoshop (cropping, increase contrast & sharpening of edges), I was quite confident that the photo will do well in the competition. And thankfully, members here had agreed with my view

My digital camera was set with aperture at f7.1, ISO 200, and Zoom around 200mm. Many DC could achieve this setting, perhaps with the exception of a 200 mm Zoom). Timing and luck was with me this time around. Hope it will be with you in the next Showcase.

Cheers
jwhtan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2005, 06:16 PM   #2
gtohow
Endangered Dragon

well he did put in effort.. congrate! to all winner
gtohow is offline   Reply With Quote