Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Goldfish & Koi Forum

Old 10-11-2002, 01:46 PM   #91
Ranchuseed

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Choosing Ranchus

Quote:
Originally posted by newie
I agree, but we also need to respect others hobbies and opinion as well, we are here to share, and NOT to insult others..

I have been keeping jap and thai ranchus for years and i also keep aros and others fishes, i hope to share my experiences in keeping jap ranchus, and learn more about aros..

also educating people about those lfs out there who are out to conned and sell fake ranchus, and most importantly teach you the wrong way to keep jap ranchus, and how to identify them correctly..

I agree with you
Old 10-11-2002, 01:47 PM   #92
Ranchuseed

Quote:
Originally posted by newie
promote what??

Promote my new forum. You can help me.
Old 10-11-2002, 02:41 PM   #93
piertiong
Dragon

ranchu need good filtration? or just a cheap plastic air/filter will do?
piertiong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2002, 03:16 PM   #94
Ranchuseed

Quote:
Originally posted by piertiong
ranchu need good filtration? or just a cheap plastic air/filter will do?

Not just Ranchu. other goldfish should do the same. Just air bubble will do. Need more info u can also visit this web site very good. http://geocities.com/GreenNgoldSG/ I heard it is good from Newbie

Support me ok.Lets stamp out con man in Singapore. People like Ranchu Palace and many more. And also help me which are the shop that sell sick fish too. Got to stop all this.

Last edited by Ranchuseed; 10-11-2002 at 03:19 PM.
Old 10-11-2002, 03:23 PM   #95
newie

Another point, a air pump, or sponge filter will do, only if you do not overcrowd your tank..
example, in my 3x4feet tub, i keep 4 jap ranchus, and feed 1 to 2times in the morning, green water, and weekly change 50 % of water... --> ok.

example, in a 2 feet glass tank, you keep 10 gf, --> sure got problems if you use sponge filter..

How big is your tank, and how many fish of what size you intend to keep...??

m

Quote:
Originally posted by goldfishMadman

Not just Ranchu. other goldfish should do the same. Just air bubble will do. Need more info u can also visit this web site very good. http://geocities.com/GreenNgoldSG/ I heard it is good from Newbie

Support me ok.Let stamp out con man in Singapore. People like Ranchu Palace.
Old 10-11-2002, 03:55 PM   #96
piertiong
Dragon

intend to keep 3 ranchus in a 2x1x1 tank with a sponge filter. will that do? how to get the water to turn green? just place near window with sunlight?
piertiong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2002, 04:06 PM   #97
Hamad

I'm also interested to know how to turn water green! My large tank is next to a huge window and gets so much sunlight during the morning but nothing except brown algae on glass
Old 10-11-2002, 04:17 PM   #98
dra9on

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Choosing Ranchus

Quote:
Originally posted by goldfishfever

From what I followed the threads, I think Madman is too absorbed in the discussion and at time, did not released the use of words can be a bit blunt. I don't think he means to insult any one. Let's be forgiving and understand that not everyone can write and express well. The most important thing is we are here to discuss and share this wonderful hobby - GOLDFISH.
I think he is just too self absorbed in his own ego ... maybe he's got some success in ranchus, but comments like the one below ... nullifies whatever expertise he posses ..
how do U like to be told what fish to keep or not to keep ? ...

Quote:
I think you better play your normal Arowana. If you play for the sick of playing. Cannot last long. Just like luo Han. Many people play becasue of 4D and Fashion .
I dun need any one to tell me what fish I shd keep or not keep or for any reason ... lim peh kay yan keep what , then I keep what.

ok lah .. I think enuff liao ... thing is , now I feel like keeping ranchus , since now got experts (on ranchus) around to consult

anyway , back to the topic ...what I need is advice on ranchus , again...

heheh from black ranchu , now I feel like getting some red and white ones ...

this chap at another LFS told me his , $30 r/w ranchus are from Japan , and after reading the post here , is it remotely possible ?? ..

but a few of his ranchus got really smooth back and the curve is nice and gradual .. colour also not bad .. but the head tissue not as much and big as the blackies .. but they are very nice .. is there any remote chance that they might be of Jap bred ? the seller damn convincing ..
Jap or not Jap , I will be getting them .. just like to confirm .. preparing another tank to house them ...
Old 10-11-2002, 04:18 PM   #99
newie

I think 3 ranchu is the maximum you should be keeping in a 2x1x1 tank, and in such a small tank, a sponge filter can be use if you do small regular(2~3days, 30%) water changes, and do not over feed, <2 times daily would be enough,donot over feed. If you are tempted to feed more, than you better get a filter.

The above is my opinion, and i guess that you will be keeping thai/china ranchus, so monitor closely, if the water quality is bad, use a filter..

I use to keep my thai ranchus in a 3 feet glass tank with filter.

Quote:
Originally posted by piertiong
intend to keep 3 ranchus in a 2x1x1 tank with a sponge filter. will that do? how to get the water to turn green? just place near window with sunlight?
Old 10-11-2002, 04:24 PM   #100
dra9on

Quote:
Originally posted by Hamad
during the morning but nothing except brown algae on glass
yo Bro , gotta be careful eh .. some secies of brown algae and the blusih types may produce toxins ..

maybe increased aeration may yield the green types.