Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Stingrays & other bottom dwellers Forum

Old 27-07-2010, 01:15 AM   #1
luvwenz

Default Dominating female :p

Hey all shifus, my pair of MM hor, the female very dominating leh... shes bigger 12-13"+... my guy is only about 11"+-... or around there.. but definately smaller then the girl...

now the problem, when i feed them MP/feeder treats, the guy is like sissy, fine-dining... eat slowly slowly abit abit..
the girl eats like a pig, sometimes even steal the guy's food... like really snatch it out of his mouth...
even when i use a long tong to feed the male ah, the female still come steal...
now i worry that the guy is not eating enff... but hes still fat thou..

any suggestions on how to let the guy be a *man*... lol.. damn sissy.. let the girl bully only...

they haven mated yet thou the claspers r developing...
they are not fighting thou, just more like an old couple and the guy gives his food to the girl... lolz.. lazy fight liddat...

Thankksss
Old 27-07-2010, 08:31 AM   #2
wmh
Dragon

Maybe u can try put more food until the female is full. I feel that female rays always to be big eater compare to the male one....
wmh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2010, 12:33 PM   #3
luvwenz

i tried to throw alot of food the female will grab everything n eat den left afew piece on the floor the guy also dun really care liddat leh..
but when i go away the prawns disappear... so dunno is guy eat or girl eat... haha.. guy takes pellets thou...
Old 27-07-2010, 01:35 PM   #4
Eric_tan60
Dragon

ur male ray not sissy la. He is gentleman like we also give in to our OC. u can try feed the female bigger mp let her chew den feed the male la drag some time for ur gentleman.
Eric_tan60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2010, 02:16 PM   #5
luvwenz

drag liao leh.. i throw her one whole piece of uncut MP, she chew chew chew, the guy haven fine dining finish his 1/4 piece... LOL...
Old 27-07-2010, 04:13 PM   #6
wmh
Dragon

hmm...then keep on feeding her with the whole uncut MP...and let the male have time to eat his food loh...
wmh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2010, 04:52 PM   #7
oominkyaw

Hi any bro can advice.
I have 2 x Q2 rays, female and male, when i brought time both are same size, now female are bigger than male, (May be same as some bro mention above). and also female are more active then male. When I feed them the female are fast eat. how should I do? and also can train sinking pellets? if can, what brand should be buy?.. thanks
Old 29-07-2010, 02:57 AM   #8
Jordi

I have same prob with a male who eat lesser and a female who eat like pig and grown alot bigger. I do this and it work for me. I suggest cutting even smaller than wat u cut now for the male. Let the male be able to swallow whole without chewing. Let the female eat the same small small size mp like the male. Smaller cut ones means more pieces and female have to spend time run around tank to find food, increasing her eating time. I suspect ur female swallow whole, Tate why ur whole mp will not slow her down. In addition, need to build up smaller ray appetite with more meals, at least twice a day or more. Same thing; cut till super small for him to swallow. With tat he shld be able to grow his size and appetite soon.

Last edited by Jordi; 29-07-2010 at 03:01 AM.
Old 29-07-2010, 10:08 AM   #9
oominkyaw

[QUOTE=Jordi;7888514]

Thanks bro, I get some idae from u r words.
Old 29-07-2010, 03:01 PM   #10
Dreamstotoro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordi View Post
I have same prob with a male who eat lesser and a female who eat like pig and grown alot bigger. I do this and it work for me. I suggest cutting even smaller than wat u cut now for the male. Let the male be able to swallow whole without chewing. Let the female eat the same small small size mp like the male. Smaller cut ones means more pieces and female have to spend time run around tank to find food, increasing her eating time. I suspect ur female swallow whole, Tate why ur whole mp will not slow her down. In addition, need to build up smaller ray appetite with more meals, at least twice a day or more. Same thing; cut till super small for him to swallow. With tat he shld be able to grow his size and appetite soon.
This is what i did too. Very useful method... Cut till the size is able to feed in the mouth nicely, it MAY work on ur rays...