Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Planted Tanks & Aquascaping Forum > Aquascaping Showcase / Journals

Old 03-03-2005, 11:09 AM   #11
dom

there are a Crinum thaianum and vallisneria species in there. might remove them after i got the anubias. Gonna goto river side and jungle to get the cork bark. (hahaha...just peal off from the tree freshly.) or else, will get the woods fully cover the background.
Old 03-03-2005, 04:08 PM   #12
Wild Ginger
Dragon

Hi Dom, i see dat ya creativity levels r bursting out great. Juz maybe an advice wld be dat, juz be careful of ur centre bracings so as not to have too heavy an object resting there shld ya have plans to design something there. But other thn dat, ur tank looks good halfway done. I'm sure it'll be filled up all e way to e top to mimick a Brazilian tropical sidestream. Love e red variant of Earth star ya have there. Perhaps i might drop dwn in KL one of these days. hahah

I suggest ya have a frequent water change to eliminate slowly e peat coloured water. N maybe ya cld trim a lil of ur vallis as it's flowing uncontrollably. Hope to see updates on e tank.

Hope my opinions have not offended ya in any way but just expressing my own interpretations of aesthetic value n placement.

Cheers,
Phillip.
Wild Ginger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 05:17 PM   #13
dom

Thanks Philip. I was waiting for you advices. Hahaha... no worry about anything offence to me. I will try my best and remember what you told me. Btw, how is the Brazilian Tropical Sidestream look like?

cheers,
dom
Old 04-03-2005, 11:46 AM   #14
dom

Finally...got my own cork bark...
I was in a lfs which normally i seldom go. coz there is nothing much to see or buy. Accidently saw 4 pieces of cork bark there. The owner of the shop asking me to take all of them. due to nobody wants it....

but i bought 2 of them. 2ft high and 1.5ft long... But found it is not enough to fully cover the tank. so... gonna buy again today. These 2 pcs cost me RM56. The other 2 pcs which is smaller and cheaper. Going to take all of them.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg corkbark.JPG (38.7 KB, 381 views)