Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > General Freshwater Forum

Old 01-12-2013, 10:53 PM   #1
leowweilee

Default jelly mold on drift wood

Drift wood is ard 2weeks old. Tied with moss.. and notice a lump of jelly tansparent thing on it..

Remove the moss and brush the dw under running tap, but bqck the driftwood next day over night they grow again. Very fast..

Alot of ppl say its harmless.. please advise
Old 08-12-2013, 03:12 AM   #2
mikeymike

Try getting a sucker fish bro. Can consider nks. Can get a normal sucker 6 inch for maybe $15?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 08-12-2013, 01:26 PM   #3
caiweilian

It is harmless. Dw still new. After awhile you will not see these white stuff anymore and it will be smooth and nice then. No need big sucker fish. IMO, small otto does the job better. Otto around $1.50 only...
caiweilian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 02:38 PM   #4
leowweilee

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeymike View Post
Try getting a sucker fish bro. Can consider nks. Can get a normal sucker 6 inch for maybe $15?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by caiweilian View Post
It is harmless. Dw still new. After awhile you will not see these white stuff anymore and it will be smooth and nice then. No need big sucker fish. IMO, small otto does the job better. Otto around $1.50 only...

I have got a 12inch albino sucker but its too violent to put with my fragile fish. Will small little feeder shrimp do that job? It will act as a.feeder to my fish as well.
Old 08-12-2013, 02:54 PM   #5
mikeymike

Shrimp never try before. What do you have in your tank? If you want less violent can get algae eater.. Won't grow too big. Max 2-3 inch?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-12-2013, 08:04 PM   #6
caiweilian

Feeder shrimp likely to produce more waste and hard to maintain in usual tank. As they likely to need a chiller. Otto is small. Easy to keep and good maintenance fish for ur tank and wood.
caiweilian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 10:12 PM   #7
leowweilee

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeymike View Post
Shrimp never try before. What do you have in your tank? If you want less violent can get algae eater.. Won't grow too big. Max 2-3 inch?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My fish is extremely fragile.. a fish with 4 legs and hairdo.
Nickname water dragon.
Old 12-12-2013, 11:28 PM   #8
Jonathan_ee
Dragon

Erm bro, that fish why need dw? Just plain tank will do. It only eats at night, just maintain good water can le. No need stress yourself by putting this and that one, and remember don't keep with any tetra,
Jonathan_ee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 11:48 PM   #9
leowweilee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan_ee View Post
Erm bro, that fish why need dw? Just plain tank will do. It only eats at night, just maintain good water can le. No need stress yourself by putting this and that one, and remember don't keep with any tetra,
I used to be bare tank. Then 1 of the juvenile was bitten till hand and legs broken.. so i decided to put some woods.for them to hide.. and bare tank very ugly. Lol i dun keep fishlets with them. Cos some will bite their slime coating.. i choose to hand feed them every day with feeders
Old 13-12-2013, 12:04 AM   #10
Jonathan_ee
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by leowweilee View Post
I used to be bare tank. Then 1 of the juvenile was bitten till hand and legs broken.. so i decided to put some woods.for them to hide.. and bare tank very ugly. Lol i dun keep fishlets with them. Cos some will bite their slime coating.. i choose to hand feed them every day with feeders
I see. Got them for awhile but never see them feed. But got poo = got eat so i not worried. They can regenerate their limbs. This website not bad,
http://www.axolotl.org/health.htm
Jonathan_ee is offline   Reply With Quote