Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Goldfish & Koi Forum

Old 10-01-2010, 05:14 PM   #1
ahpek_lion
Dragon

Talking HELP NEEDED: Koi eggs found on filter wool

Hi fellow buddies

I just took my filter out to wash and discovered there were koi eggs on the wool of the filter.

How do i know if the eggs has not spoilt and how should i take care of the eggs I dun think there are mani eggs left....probably eaten up or something. The eggs are opaque in colour ... Not sure when it was laid

Here are some pictures:

** Btw my kois are only abt 15cm ... not sure how old ... will its length affect the hatch rate of the eggs? I got my kois at nkf ... so far it has been with me for abt 7mths

Last edited by ahpek_lion; 10-01-2010 at 05:21 PM.
ahpek_lion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 07:25 PM   #2
sgbetta
Senior Dragon

Bro the pics very blur leh!!But it dun looks fertile!!!I think u got those mini koi!!So their size not big but got eggs liao and they release their eggs after chase by some male rapist!!!
sgbetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 07:30 PM   #3
ahpek_lion
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgbetta View Post
Bro the pics very blur leh!!But it dun looks fertile!!!I think u got those mini koi!!So their size not big but got eggs liao and they release their eggs after chase by some male rapist!!!
lols...my camera sucks... and i duno where my camera fone dissappear to. How to see if the eggs fertile? is there any colour or smth? I only know the fish tank water got one kind of weird smell

I jus checked out on the eggs... i took 1 egg out of the water and shone a torchlight into it ...I saw some black dot in the middle of the egg

Last edited by ahpek_lion; 10-01-2010 at 07:47 PM.
ahpek_lion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 12:06 AM   #4
nutx
Dragon

Bro...not sure whether you should focus on the egg or the tank.
Usually after spawning, the ammonia level will be very high, that explain the smell.

Better if you can change water substantially, otherwise the koi inside mayhave problem.

And Bro Sgbetta is right....you must have gotten some mature mini koi, that explained the spawning.
nutx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 01:24 AM   #5
SGranchu

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahpek_lion View Post
lols...my camera sucks... and i duno where my camera fone dissappear to. How to see if the eggs fertile? is there any colour or smth? I only know the fish tank water got one kind of weird smell

I jus checked out on the eggs... i took 1 egg out of the water and shone a torchlight into it ...I saw some black dot in the middle of the egg
black dot means fertile.......correct me if i'm wrong..

congrats.
Old 11-01-2010, 01:55 AM   #6
sgbetta
Senior Dragon

bro if got black dot is fertile....Like wat Bro PB say u muz change ur water immediately if not ur water all spoil liao....if u reali wan to hatch the eggs u can put it in another tank with air pump add in some methelene blue(Dunno how to spell) it will hatch in 2 -3 days time if it is fertile!!But wat is important now change ur water immediately
sgbetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 02:19 AM   #7
luvwenz

omg bro lucky!! =)
Old 11-01-2010, 07:50 PM   #8
QAE8687

Wow... Mini Koi spawning. Seems very lucky this coming Chinese New Year. Thanks for sharing bro.